CH. 11 Oh Baby!

Rosemary's P.O.V

A drunk set of Montgomery kids came zig-zagging back into the van. Violet and I came to the van a little while ago, so she could get some sleep. At the sound of them, Violet jumped up. Away from me. Paranoid, she scooted all the way to the other end.

"Oh here they are!" A drunk Rachel laughed and she crawled into the van.

"Rosemary! You missed it! A girl threw up all over Nick!" Lola laughed her ass off.

A shirtless Nick got in the van, "Fuck my life!"

"Nick! Help me, you little bitch!" Drunkly, Melanie slurred her words. Barely, Nick pulled her in by the hand.

An overly happy Edgar danced outside, waiting for his turn to get in the van. Clearly, he was not ready to end the night. "Yo quiero chupar!" Drunkenly, he sang. "No me quiero ir a dormir! Yo quiero chupar! Toda la semana hasta las 6 de la mañana!" He danced and sung his ass off.

"Edgar, get your ass in the car!" Chantel pushed him forward.

"Oh shit, he's singing in Spanish, that means he's going to black out!" Nick noted.

"What is he even singing about?" Melanie wondered.

Another classmate translated, "Something about wanting to keep drinking all night."

"That sums it up," someone else added but I didn't see who.

Avoiding attention, Violet leaned against the car window and stayed silent.

-

Everyone knocked out once they got back into the van to return to Montgomery. Including Edgar fell asleep. Everybody except for a very drunk Violet.

Somehow we still ended up sitting next to each other.

By the way, she was shivering.

Luckily, I brought my washed out denim jacket. I placed the jacket over her.

Visibly freezing, Violet claimed, "I don't need your jacket! I don't need anything from you!"

So much pride in her. "Fine then give me the jacket back," I reached for it.

"No!" In panic, she gripped on to it to keep it around herself. I pursed my lips together to hide my amusement. "The AC must be on," she used as an excuse. Uh huh, sure.

"Can I get a please?" I gave a cheeky smile.

"Don't push it," Violet glared at me. I gave her another cheeky smile. "You're annoying!" She remarked. Unfazed by her, I maintained the cheeky smile. "You sure know how to push my buttons!" She grunted. "Why are you even giving me your jacket? What? You care all of a sudden?" Honestly, she needed to bring the attitude down a notch.

Let her know that I actually cared? Um, not gonna happen.

"We're partners for the parenthood assignment. Half of my grade depends on you, so I have to make sure that you make it back alive and not sick," I explained.

A mixture of disappointment and anger washed over her face as she sighed, "I don't care for any of that."

"Well-"

Before I could get anything else out, she interrupted, "And I don't plan on taking care of the damn baby doll by myself, so you better hire a babysitter for it whenever you go on your little stupid dates with Olivia!"

Whoa? Who said I was gonna date Olivia. I only had one interaction with her. Violet was lunatic.

"Olivia and I hardly know each other," I stated.