CH. 7 Circus Lights

Violet's P.O.V

Prepared to find Rosemary's dumbass in the room, I gathered up a few insults and comebacks. To my surprise, she was nowhere in sight. I even went upstairs to see if the bathroom door was closed in case she was in there or to see if she was still organizing her side of the closet.

Unbelievable, she was unorganized and careless enough to leave her uniforms spread out on the ground. Who the hell did she think she was? What did she think this place was? At all times, everything had to be neat and spotless. I was gonna have to have a talk with her. Maybe just write her a note. I did not want to waste my breath on her. Ooh that sounded like an amazing idea! Have a white board, so I could leave her messages and concerns. God, I was a genius! Never again would I have to interact with her!

Crossing my arms, I looked down at her uniforms.

The flashback from this morning came back to me when I first saw her with it on. She actually appeared to be one of us with it on. I wanted to so desperately look away but couldn't! It's like if my eyes had been locked on her. A lot went through my head and I did not understand it. I hate to admit this but she looked absolutely beautiful. It confused the hell out of me to not feel annoyed by her and to find her so damn attractive without disliking her. So much that I didn't know how to act around her. Almost impulsively, I insulted her. It was my first instinct. It frustrated me and I couldn't react in any other way.

The other day that's why I started the food fight as well. Rosemary looked so eager for the lesson and was smiling as the shrimp recipe was being explained. She looked to damn adorable and it angered me. Plus the fact that Melanie was all over her! Why the hell was Rosemary staring at her so hard as Melanie finally walked away?

Ugh, regardless, Rosemary looked so cute that day.

Staring at her uniforms, I caught myself smiling. Ugh. Why though? I could not admit this to anyone but ever since Rosemary showed up, I couldn't stop thinking about her. Whether it was because I was annoyed by her or because I thought she was gorgeous. Something about her... I don't know. Whether for good or bad, she was always crossing my mind and I honestly hated it! I had never felt this intrigued...

"Violet," a voice snapped me out of my thoughts. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Carina standing at the top of the stairs with a tray of food. A bowl of fruit, yogurt, and a glass of juice. Carina was so kind and helpful. So attentive. I knew she was crushing on me but I just couldn't see her that way. I was not interested in her romantically whatsoever. Her eyes shifted to the uniforms, "Folding your own uniforms?"

Normally, I had someone else do it for me.

I laughed slightly, "No, they're the new girl's," showing my dislike for Rosemary, I made a face in disgust. "She thinks this is her pigsty," I remarked, unable to control myself.

"Oh, I've heard she's really pretty," she commented.

"You haven't seen her?" It shocked me. Who hadn't seen Rosemary yet? Other than the fact of her being new, she was the school's sensation at the moment. The trending topic. Her attractiveness was getting a lot of attention. Carina was not in our classes but still, I thought she'd seen her by now.

"Haven't gotten the chance to," As if she weren't interested to, she shrugged it off and placed the tray on the coffee table. "What do you think of her?" She chewed on the inside of her cheek, seeming scared of my response.

Everyone knew that Carina had a thing for me and she was always nice to me. I actually considered her a friend but nothing else. I hated to break her heart but I just wasn't intrigued by her.

What I thought about Rosemary though? For one, she was beyond gorgeous and there was something about her that I could not pin point but intrigued me. To the point that it frustrated me. Not to mention that she annoyed the fuck out of me. The girl appeared to be the complete opposite of me. We could never understand each other, even if we tried. A huge flaw of hers was that she was weak to anyone who threw themselves at her. God, she was totally checking Melanie out in culinary arts!