CH. 6 Little Shrimp

Rosemary's P.O.V

Culinary arts was a class that I was excited to take! It reminded me of the times that I cooked with my mom. Something I desperately missed. When I arrived to Montgomery, I accepted that there wouldn't be many of those anymore.

The chef spoke, "Today, we'll be making an appetizer," he started off.

"And why are the guys here?" Nick snorted, sounding annoyed and bored to be here.

"I do not understand your question," the chef motioned for him to elaborated.

"Shouldn't us guys be having drinks while the girls cook?" Nick was truly disgusting!

Ignoring him as he wasn't worth his time, the chef directed his attention back to the class, "As I was saying, we'll be making shrimp tartlets," he added. "They're quick to make. An estimated time of 20 minutes."

Rubbing my hands together, I expressed excitedly to Lola, "I can't wait to get started!"

"I already know you're gonna end up being a house maid," Violet remarked, laughing with her friends. Though, Lucy tried to hold in her laugh, as if she felt bad for laughing at me.

"Shut up, you look like a shrimp," instinctively, I insulted.

"What? Wanna eat me?" Violet flipped it back on me. Darn her!

Arms snaked around my neck from the back, "Or you could eat me," seductively, Melanie whispered into my ear, giving it a teasing bite.

Instinctively, I pushed away from her hold. The girl did not know personal boundaries! I noticed Violet stare Melanie up and down. Wondered if it was about their unsaid rivalry? Everyone knew of it though. They pretended to be friends in front of each other but talked shit behind their back. Lola was telling me more about it.

"I don't like being touched," I removed Melanie's hands away from me.

"You're gonna have such a sad life," Melanie appeared to feel sorry for me. Carelessly, she skipped away from me. Blown away by the type of person that Melanie was, I watched her leave. Something about her wasn't right.

"Rosemary!" Unexpectedly, Violet yelled for me. Startled, I shifted my attention to her. "Here's your stinky shrimp!" Before I could react, I was hit in the face with a jumbo shrimp that Violet threw at me.

"What the hell was that for?" I watched it bounce off my face and land on the table.

"Because you're fishy!" Violet's eyebrows connected in anger. Okay, I honestly hadn't done anything to upset her! Why was she so mad for? This girl was bipolar! "And since you're always so sour!" Again, catching me off guard, she tossed lemon juice onto me. My jaw drop in shock. I reached for paper towels to clean up.

"I don't think that's part of the recipe," Lola questioned Violet's actions.

"Holy shit! Where the fuck is my camera?" Loving it all, Edgar wanted to take advantage of it.

"Nick, this probably looks like your penis!" Lola threw a small and peeled shrimp at him, hitting him in the face.

Inevitably, Edgar laughed at his friend, "Dude she said you got a small dick!"

"Bitch never seen it though!" Furious, Nick retorted.

Tauntingly, Lola laughed, "Little Nicky dicky!"

"Ooh my turn!" Melanie grabbed the bowl of red sauce and poured it over Rachel's head.

"You crazy bitch!" Rachel screamed and slapped the glass bowl out of Melanie's hand, causing it to break when it hit the floor.