CH. 44 Puppy Bone

Violet's P.O.V

Why no matter how hard I tried, couldn't I stop being such a toxic bitch? The burn injury on my neck situation was stuck on my mind. I really thought that Rosemary wasn't going to assume it was a hickey. I was excited to prove Amelia wrong. Instead, I was the one who ended up unpleasantly surprised.

The fact that Rosemary questioned it hurt me. I wasn't doing it to make her feel bad or trick her into begging me for forgiveness. I was genuinely hurt by her assumption. I know I told her that I wouldn't have overreacted if it were the other way around but the crazy bitch in me would have most likely flipped. Regardless, it made my heartache that she didn't trust me as much as I thought she did. Personally, I didn't think I had ever done anything to mistrust me. She knew I was crazy about her.

What Amelia claimed about projection was killing me. Tormented my thoughts. If Rosemary didn't trust me, did that really mean that she could not be trusted either? When other pretty girls passed by, did she check them out? Was I not the only one she was attracted to that way? Fuck, I wished I could read her mind when she was in front of other girls.

So many intrusive thoughts are running through my head.

Amelia gathered up her laptop, appearing to be getting ready to head out.

"Has Rosemary said anything about your neck yet?" She wanted an update.

Of course I wasn't going to tell what actually happened. It was only going to give her more reasons not to trust Rosemary. Also, I wanted her to think that I was right all along.

"Yeah, she asked if I got hurt when she saw it," I lied. Like I said, I didn't want to hear a I told you so. "I told her about the wand," I added.

"Oh."

Was I tripping or did Amelia sound disappointed? The bitch was stubborn too, must have been because she wanted to be in the right as much as I wanted to. I mean, who liked to be wrong?

"See, I told you that Rosemary trusts me," I rubbed it in her face.

"That's good," she said rather dryly. "I hope you don't end up disappointed someday." What the hell was up with her negativity? "I'm going to FaceTime some friends," she informed, heading out the dorm room.

Just then, Rachel came in, almost knocked over by Amelia.

Confused by the slight push, Rachel made a face.

"I think she's in a hurry," I excused on Amelia's behalf. Rachel shrugged it off. "Thank god you're here though," I waved her over to my bed.

Rachel's eyes lit up, "Oooh! What am I good for?" She probably thought it was about some juicy gossip.

"If someone doesn't trust you, does that mean that you shouldn't trust them either?" I needed her opinion, really wanting it to be different from Amelia's.

"Which bitch doesn't trust me?" Rachel got worked up. Fuck, she took it personal and thought I was talking about someone specific.

"Focus, Rachel!" I clapped my hands. "It's not about you," I dismissed. "Amelia says that if you're in a relationship and your partner doesn't trust you, then it's because they're probably doing something they shouldn't be," I explained further.

"In most cases," she shared the belief. Doomed, I frowned. "Why does that upset you?" she made a sad face when she saw my expression.

"Because for a moment, Rosemary thought my burn mark was a hickey and she questioned it," I explained.

Rachel laughed at that. I gave her a what the fuck? look. "Violet, Rosemary does not fall under the most cases category," she gave her head a little shake, still laughing. "You have to admit, for a second, it looks like a hickey," she pointed out. "Anyone would assume it was," she believed. "So what if Rosemary thought it was for a second. Rosemary has proven to be the type of girl who doesn't cheat," Rachel reminded.