CH. 9 Baby Mama

Violet's P.O.V

Why did people have children if they weren't going to pay attention to them? A lot more went into raising them. Other than financially providing for them. Buying them all they wanted. Designer clothing, limited edition handbags, heels, jewelry, exotic cars, and money were great and all but what about what I really needed now? When were my parents ever going to bond with me?

I couldn't even remember when was the last time they actually sat down with me for breakfast. On the weekends, it was just me and Rita. When she wasn't so busy with the chores of the house, she kept me company. Being in that mansion felt so lonely. Friends loved coming over but I saw nothing special to it. Just a building, not a home.

Don't know why mom spent so much time into designing, furnishing, and decorating it if she was practically never home. Might as well be a museum. That's how it was being treated as. For people to visit and admire it. Like I said, it was no real home.

Ten minutes since mom arrived home and I could already hear her keys jingling.

Mom peeped her head into my bedroom, "Going out for brunch with my friends," she informed. Typical of her.

I don't know why I skipped out on school today. What did I expect? For a miracle to happen? Mom was not going to stay in. I should have known better. No classes were taking place this Monday but I stayed home, wishing that mom would spend time with me.

Rosemary was in shock when I told her about it. She was under the impression that we had classes. Every so often, classes were put off on Mondays at Montgomery. Everyone looked forward to them.

"I invited Rosemary's mom out for brunch with the girls but she wanted to stay home and help Rosemary with a homework assignment," she elaborated. Nice to see that at least someone cared about spending time with their daughter. Wish my mom felt the same way. Never was going to happen though. "Rosemary continues to prove that she's disciplined," mom thought so. Blah blah blah! "Speaking of, you should follow her lead and get started on the assignment."

Oh please.

"After Netflix," I nodded.

Mom scolded me, "Get started on it!"

I sighed, "What gives?"

"Violet! It's an important assignment!" Since when did my mom care so much? Maybe her and Mrs. Myles talked about it more than I originally thought. Fuck Rosemary! I didn't even pay attention in class to know what the assignment was about.

I think it was something about teen pregnancy. Ugh, if it wasn't because mom knew that I was bisexual I could have easily been like mom chill, I'm gay!

Last guy I hooked up with had been a while ago. In general, it had been a while since I last hooked up with anyone. No one really seemed too interesting to me. Last time I hooked up with someone was a guy and he pulled out. Plus, I was on birth control. Even now because it helped regulate my period and in case I wanted another one night stand with a guy.

"Mom, you're giving it a little too much thought. It's just sex education and about not getting pregnant," I shrugged off. Yes, I wanted my mom to give me the slightest bit of attention but not like this. I wanted her to give me attention, not my assignments!

"Violet, it's not just about teenage pregnancy," she argued. "It's about safe sex in general!"

"Ugh, mom!" Eww, I did not want to have this talk with her!

Even though I took birth control, I also made the guys I hooked up with use a condom. They hated it but it was either that or nothing! Obviously, they didn't want to mess the chance of hooking up with me, so they listened.