CH. 2 The Welcome

Violet's P.O.V

So good for backup, huh? My so called best friends ditched me the moment my parents showed up. Too startled by their sudden presence, I froze and didn't notice my friends sneak out. Last time they got lectured by them too. Why not one more time? I loved them but these bitches were scaredy-cats.

Before they could start yelling at me, I spread my arms out to hug my dad, "Daddy!"

Catching on, my dad rejected my hug and stepped back while crossing his arms. He scolded me in disapproval, "Not this time, Violet."

Hurt, I gasped. For back up, I looked at my mom but immediately looked away when I saw her scolding me too. Shit, I was alone. I had to remember which trick I used on them last time. Hmm, the crying one and it barely even worked on them. I got some sympathy from my mom but my dad snapped her out of it.

Pouting innocently, I asked, "What did I do this time?" I had done a few things lately, so I genuinely needed to be reminded.

Dad's forehead creased as he eyed me up and down. "Why are you only wearing a robe?" he questioned in disapproval.

I cleared my throat, "I was changing," obviously, I was not going to tell him that I was modeling lingerie. Distracting the focus from it, I asked again, "Now can you tell me what I've done?"

"Have you forgotten that you stole the institution's van?" Out of anger, his face turned red as the devil himself. If it wasn't because I was used to it already, I would have shitted myself.

Objects fell to the ground.

"Sorry for the noise," Rosema- the annoying new girl hurried to pick up

Annoyed that she was still in the room, I rolled my eyes. Then shifted my attention back to my parents, "That was like a whole week ago," I stated, not seeing the point of them bringing it up. Shit should have been considered expired.

In disbelief, my parents exchanged a look.

"Violet, you know we were out of town," mom explained.

"But the moment we were informed, we wasted no time in coming right over!" Dad swore that was his number one priority. Bullshit. My nanny, Rita, told me they arrived yesterday and had spoken to the headmaster on the phone. What a bunch of liars. "What went through your mind? What were you thinking in stealing a van?" My dad was overreacting.

"I didn't steal it," I corrected. "All I did was borrow it," I played it off as.

My dad's jaw clenched as he eyed me. Wait a minute, was he considering killing me?

Getting scared shitless, I gulped down hard. "Dad, it was a joke," I laughed nervously.

"Every time you get caught, you claim it was a joke," my mom pointed out, giving her head a little shake.

"I meant I was joking about borrowing the van," I elaborated. In distress, dad looked down to the ground and scratched the back of his head. I sighed out of frustration. I was fed up too! "You know? Whatever! Punish me already. That's all you care about! That's the only time I exist for you!" My heart was pounding and my chest felt heavy. I felt like crying and I hated myself for it. Either way, I was not going to give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

"Excuse me," carrying folded clothes, Rosemary walked through the space between my parents and I.

"Why the hell are you still in here?" Now I lost it, I started to cry out of frustration.

Initially, I didn't intend to snap at her but I couldn't stop myself. It happened before I could do anything about it. Everything was just getting to me. Seriously, my parents only came when it involved punishing me. For the moment Rosemary walked into this room, she taunted me. Which was a big disappointment because I actually thought she was really beautiful and felt intrigued by her when we bumped into each other earlier. People never catch my eye like this and the one time it happens, she turns out to be a total annoying ass bitch.