CH. 32 Guess the Kiss

Rosemary's P.O.V

A distraught Violet sat at the end of her bed. Giving her my undivided attention, I pulled up a chair to sit directly in front of her. Hopefully we were going to have better luck this time than earlier when we argued. I wasn't sure if she was so shaken up because of what happened with the jerks or because of our fight. Either way, I didn't like to see her this distressed. All I wanted to do was wrap my arms around her and tell her that everything was going to be okay.

"Are you sure you want to talk right now?" I wanted her to feel at ease.

All the confidence in the world was in her when she walked into the arcade room. Made it be known who ran this school. Looking like the baddest chick to exist. Too overwhelmingly gorgeous. Fast forward, she was in the same outfit but tensed up. Looking vulnerable. Demonstrating that she had feelings and insecurities like everyone else. Just like everyone else, she felt fear too.

Violet nodded, "I don't want to fight anymore," her voice was quiet, coming out almost as a mumble. My heart broke to see her like this. Patiently, I stayed still and waited for her to continue at her own pace. I didn't want to make any sudden movements and trigger her to change her mind. "I know I started all of it and it was for the dumbest reason," she fully on admitted. In shock, my eyes flickered. "I acted very immature," to my surprise, she added. With every word, her voice became more audible.

Too good to be true, I questioned, "Am I being pranked?" I wandered my eyes around the room, expecting to see Rachel and Lucy jump out to attack me with pillows or water balloons. What if this was all part of her original plan to punish me.

Who was I kidding? Violet was visibly shaken up. I believed she could act but to this degree? I don't know. No way was she pretending.

Perfectly expecting that reaction from me, she stifled a laugh and smiled slightly. Making my heart flutter in my chest. "Rosemary, I've been acting really childish and stubborn all day with you and I wish I hadn't," she reassured.

"Violet, I don't like when you overreact," I stated truthfully. Yes, I didn't want to make her feel bad but this needed to be discussed. Communicated in a maturely manner. Otherwise, nothing was ever going to change. "Sometimes, it's like you can't even control it and it worries me," I explained. There were times when Violet stayed composed and tried harder to understand. Unfortunately, there were other times in where the devil evoke from within her.

Tensed up all over again, Violet's eyes narrowed down to her hands as she fidgeted with them. "It worries me too," her voice wavered. My chest clenched at the sight of that and to hear her so overwhelmed. "Rosemary... I don't know how to deal with jealousy," she confessed. I mean, I could tell that myself. "I'm not used to feeling it," she elaborated, "and it's all new to me."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Really?"

Violet nodded in confirmation, "Then you came along and I started feeling all these undiscovered emotions," her fingers intertwined to stop herself from fidgeting. She looked up through her eyelashes to meet my eyes, "I have strong feelings for you and I get scared..."

My heart started racing, "Scared of what?"

"That one day you'll realize that there's someone better and more compatible out there for you," her eyes looked down away from mine.

Better than her? Violet must have been on some heavy drugs that got her all delusional. What drug got her to the point of saying these things out loud? Violet never allowed herself to. Here she was, pouring it all out. Honestly, I loved that she was communicating her worries with me though. That let me know that she really wanted to work things out. There was a chance! Gave us somewhere to start off from.