CH. 13 Kid's Meal

Rosemary's P.O.V

Since I did tell Violet that I was gonna try to set another lunch date with her parents, I had to look for the personal numbers to contact them. The card with their number was in my drawer but I had so many things in there that I couldn't find it. I had to toss things to the side and take a few out to make it easier.

Finally, I found it! Their personal phone numbers!

Taking out my phone, I started dialing Mr. Delaney's number. Put it up to my ear and waited for him to answer. He was a busy man, I prayed for him to answer. Violet really needed that bonding time with her parents.

"Hello," yes, he answered!

"Hello, Mr. Delaney? It's me, Rosemary Myles," I informed.

"Oh yes, how are you?" he asked. "Is everything fine with Violet?" he worried.

"She's fine but there's something bothering her," I answered. There was no response on the other side. "I found out that the lunch date was cancelled," I added and waited to see if he would say anything.

"Oh yes, I have an important meeting, I feel terrible for it but unfortunately my job does not allow me to have much time," he explained.

That was understandable but either way, Violet needed her parents affection.

I walked over to the stairs while speaking to him, "I understand," I responded. I didn't want him to feel attacked in any way. "But Violet was really upset about it," I informed. Before he could say anything, I continued. "I think it would be best to arrange another lunch date with you and your wife," I suggested.

"You're right, I want to make my daughter happy but I don't know when I'll have any time," he sounded doubtful. Like if he really wanted to make it work but couldn't find a way. Hmm, that was a bummer. I sat on the stair's steps and thought about a solution. "I'll buy her a diamond necklace and that will make her happy," he then said. That was not going to solve anything though.

"With all due respect sir, bribing her won't make her feel any better," I stated. There was no response. "That will only spoil her," I added. "I really think that you and Mrs. Delaney should make time for your daughter," I insisted, trying to get the point across.

"I know," he sighed. People were heard in the background. "Um Rosemary, my meeting is about to start," he informed, sounding hesitant. "Tell Violet that tomorrow will be the lunch date," he then gave in. Yes, I succeeded!

"Thank you, sir!" I couldn't contain the excitement.

He was about to hang up but then said something else, "And I would like to invite you to join us."

What!

"Thank you sir but I can't," I politely refused. This was just for Violet. For her to spend time with her parents. Me being there was not a good idea. Violet was not going to like it.

"Oh you must, we would like to know you better," he insisted. "You can't refuse, we'll see you and Violet tomorrow, I'll have Jeffry pick you up," and with that settled, he ended the call. Not even allowing me to refuse anymore.
Well like I said, Violet was not going to like it. I was going to be the third wheel, well the fourth wheel in this case. Wait, all four wheels were needed to function, right? Maybe that argument was going to work while defending myself from being kill by her.

I stood from the stairs and walked over to my bed. Took off my blazer and threw myself on my bed. The door was heard opening. My head lifted up from the pillow to check who had walked in. That was Violet. Her grin showed how much of a good mood she was in now.
I dropped myself on the bed again and looked up at the ceiling.