CH. 16 Toddler's Meal

Violet's P.O.V

The closet doors from upstairs were brutally being opened.

Ugh, Rosemary!

"Can you be delicate with those!" I stomped my way up to the second floor. "What the fuck, Rosemary? Don't go around breaking shit!"

"Violet not now!" Rosemary sighed. In a rush, she looked through her side of the closet. Hangers slid back and forth. Showing that she couldn't find what she was looking for. Either that or she didn't like anything. Frustrated, she kept pushing everything side to side.

Reminded me of when my friends looked for something cute to wear for dates.

Unease, I chewed on the inside of my cheek. Could that be the reason for Rosemary? She had a date? With Olivia? I wanted to know but I was scared to know. What would be worse? To know or not know? Did I want to overthink or be upset with the truth? Which was more bearable?

I know I heard Olivia mention something about a date the other day but was it true?

"Looking for something to wear to the circus?" Whatever, I had to ask. That or I was going to spend the rest of my afternoon hitting a punching bag.

"Sure. I might take Olivia there after dinner," Rosemary joked flatly.

That confirmed it, they were going on a date. Jealousy ran through me. Why could Rosemary so easily cause this in me? Out of everyone. The one person who got on my nerves was the one that stir these emotions in me.

"I have a clown costume from a party once, I can let you borrow it if you want," I offered up, sarcastically.

Mimicking my sarcasm, she laughed, "Maybe if it were a date with you!"

"Not even in your dreams," I snickered. As if she were done talking to me, she shrugged and went back to searching through the closet. "Anyway, where are you guys having dinner at?" Curiosity got the best of me. Nosey me was coming out.

"Olivia said somewhere called Table 22," she answered. I laughed. "What?" Rosemary stopped for a moment to look at me. "Did I say something wrong?"

"It's Table 21," I corrected.

"Like I care," nonchalantly, she went back to looking.

"I mean, it's a cute restaurant," that, I could not deny. Delicious food. Service was always on point. The atmosphere was calm and enjoyable. At this point, Rosemary could care less what I had to say. It's like I wasn't even in the room. Similar to the way my parents acted when they were in the same room as me. "I think this should fit the vibe of the restaurant," I put together an outfit for her. Something I knew that she'd look absolutely gorgeous in. The thought of her and Olivia out on a date filled me up with jealousy and sadness but I felt like helping her.

For her.

Puzzled, her forehead creased, "Um, thank you?" She accepted my suggestion.

"Uh-huh, bye," I headed downstairs.

I could not take it another minute. Stupidly, I wished it were me who was going on that date with her. Not Olivia.

I walked out of my dorm room. The moment I exited, I bumped into Carina.

"Wait, where are you going?" She wondered.

"To kill time until dinner is ready," I shrugged. Dinner was served every night at 7pm.

"Speaking of dinner," Carina started. "I wanted to ask you if you wanted to have dinner with me?"

"Like eat together or go out somewhere?" I needed clarification.