CH. 22 Chucky on the Loose!

Violet's P.O.V

Furious, Rachel ran her hands through her hair and paced back and forth in the room. All she had been doing for the last ten minutes. She was going to create a hole in the floor.

"We can't just sit around and do nothing!" She made a thoughtful expression. "Throw ideas!" She encouraged us to.

Lucy protested, "Let's not play fire with fire!"

As if on que, Rosemary walked into the room. "Yeah, Rosemary should know about that," Rachel threw shade.

"I already explained what happened and I'm sorry," she made her way to the desk. In the process of shuffling through notebooks, she glanced at me, "And I hope you believe me."

"Sorry doesn't cut it," Rachel spoke on my behalf. She wans't wrong though.

"I'm talking to Violet," Rosemary rolled her eyes at Rachel.

In complete and utter shock, Rachel gasped and chuckled in disbelief. "Sorry for standing up for my best friend," she defended herself. "You think you can mess with her face and say a simple sorry, and it'll be like candy land in here?" Getting too worked up, she stepped closer to her.

Before it could get out of hand, I jumped out of bed. "We can think of something upstairs," I redirected her to the stairs. Hesitant, Rachel looked over at Rosemary, wanting to drag her. "Rachel," I muttered through my teeth.

Walking behind her, I kept my hands on her shoulders to make sure that she wouldn't turn around.

"I'm just saying, she was part of it too," Rachel wanted to include her in the punishment.

"We'll talk about it upstairs," I added to get her up faster. The last thing I wanted was to associate with Rosemary. Like if she didn't exist. That meant that she was going to be excluded from this.

I wasn't even mad at her, I was hurt.

The rash only lasted a few hours. The nurse gave me a anti-itch cream to cool my face down. All day yesterday, my friends cared for me. Applied the cream and cleaned it off as I tried my best to relax. They put cold wet clothes on the rash for a few minutes at a time. It was kinda like a mini facial. To save me the time of leaving the room, they brought breakfast, lunch and diner to me. Sometime in the afternoon, Edgar stopped by to drop off his skin-care kit. I appreciated the thought but what worked for him didn't work for me. Before he left, he said that Lola suggested crying my eyes out because the tears would soften my skin. I didn't know what to make of it.

Upstairs, I went to the handrail and looked down. Rosemary was gathering multiple notebooks and textbooks. Sticking them in a backpack. Not the one that she used on the daily for classes. It was a larger one. The one she used when she went home for the weekend.

Lastly, she grabbed her laptop. Including the charger.

By the looks of it, she was planning on drowning in homework.

-

For the first time, I came out of the dorm room. First thing I saw was a couple making out in the hallway. To avoid them, I went down the other hallway.

Turning the corner, I crashed into someone.

"Fuckin' bitch-" Melanie stopped herself when she saw that it was me. "Oh, Violet," in a second, she smiled friendly. "You've been M.I.A," she pointed out.

"I don't think so," Acting normal as best as I could, I acted to not have noticed.

"A stunt to have people miss you and be cheerful the moment they see you?" She figured that's what it was. I shook my head no. "You look off," she studied my face, which made me uncomfortable. If she saw too close, she'd see that I had been crying.