CH. 48 Slap A Witch

Violet's P.O.V

I was tired of everything. Of going off on people. Pushing people away. Giving them reasons to leave me. Or to stay only to use me. Rosemary was not like other people though. The last person I wanted to explode on was her.

That's why I came to the abandoned library.

To calm myself down. To not confront Rosemary. I knew myself and I could be really mean brat. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to control myself. So many emotions were burning through me as I rushed to seclude myself.

Hearing that Rosemary was following Olivia triggered me. Rosemary was not the type to betray me, I knew that. My question was, then why did I still feel this way? I was fighting myself. One side trusted Rosemary but the other side filled me up with intrusive thoughts. Some hard to ignore. It hurt to have this conflict within me.

Rosemary was the best thing to happen to me, yet I couldn't control my insecurities and jealousy issues. Sometimes, it felt like she literally belonged to me and I wanted full control over her. Wanted no one else to be close to her. I couldn't exactly explain it but it was intense. Hard to shake off. Rosemary was her own person, I knew that but it was difficult to tame myself.

In my hands, I agree at my phone, wondering if I should turn it back on. When I felt sadness and rage taking over me, I turned it off, so no one could disturb me.

I wasn't fully ready to face anyone, so I put my phone aside.

For now, I was going to sit here and wait the understanding version of me to come out.

**********

Rosemary's P.O.V

Why were Olivia and Amelia running around in zigzags? I was about to give up on chasing them around. They came to a stop. Before they could catch me, I quickly included myself to a group of juniors who were gathered around, joking. I pretended to be part of them. Luckily, Olivia and Amelia only glanced back once.

Just as the the group was about to start questioning my presence, they kept on walking.

"Nice talk," I tapped one of them and waved as I quickly walked away from them. Dumbfounded, they watched me take off.

I could not risk losing these snakes out of sight. Carefully, peeking my head around the corner, I saw them go into the study room. Quietly, I tippy toed to the door and pressed my ear against it. Hoping to hear their evil plans.

Unable to hear anything, I pressed my ear more. As I was doing so, the door swung open, causing me to fall to the floor. In panic, I quickly stood up. Trying to come up with an excuse. If it was even possible.

"All this time and you've learned nothing from Violet?" With her arms crossed, Amelia looked down at me. "Pathetic," she mocked, followed by her making the tsk-tsk sound.

"What was she supposed to learn from that dumb bitch?" Olivia scoffed.

I was not going to let her insult Violet, "She's not-"

Before I could finish, Amelia stepped up to her, "Call her a dumb bitch one more time!"

"Violet is a dumb bitch!" Olivia did not retreat.

Normally I thought first before reacting but something came over me and before I knew it, I swung at Olivia. Ouch! That hurt my hand! Whatever. It had to be done. Olivia had done so much against Violet already. It was time for her to receive something back too.

"No one insults Violet in front of me!" Stating it to Olivia, I shifted my eyes to Amelia. Violet already had someone to defend her. Yes I had been lagging on doing so but it was going to be different from now on. So many people were hurting her, well I was here to protect her.