CH. 40 Table 21

Rosemary's P.O.V

Violet made me give her a foot massage. I massaged one foot while Rachel gave her a pedicure on the other. Lucy brushed her hair. All while gossiping. Except for me, of course. This afternoon was killing me. It was going to waste. Instead of having fun with Lola, I was stuck here. Don't get me wrong, I loved being with Violet but sometimes she had her moments. Made me want to be as far away as possible. Gossiping was not my thing, therefore, I stayed silent during the whole conversation. Nothing interesting. Something about Melanie, Chantel and Nick. Who cared if they were sleeping together. Didn't they have anything else to talk about? Couldn't they do something more productive?

"What do you think?" oh no, Violet asked for my opinion. More like demanded for it. Well, I didn't want to argue with her, so...

"I agree with you," in reality, I had no clue of what she said. Annoyed by their topic, I tuned everything out.

"Like what?" she motioned for me to elaborate.
Shit. She got me there. Uh. What could I make up?

"Violet," I grinned cheekily at her question. "You're so beautiful," I complimented, hoping that'd distract her. She grinned in a oh I know manner. Um, okay?... "I want a milkshake," I switched over to that, feeling nervous.

"Answer her damn question," Rachel scoffed, being careful with the pedicure.

Fuckin' Rachel. I could just slap her at this very instant.

Bam! The door swung open, startling us all. My heart raced as I turned to look. With her hands on her hips, Lola stood in a super hero form, like if she were Superman. "Rosemary, come on," she came to my rescue! Right when I was about to jump off the bed, Violet gripped my arm, stopping me. "Violet!" Lola hissed in my defense.

Violet ignored her and scolded me. "You can't go," she prohibited. What the hell? Oh hell no, Violet did not get to control me that way. Yes, we were dating but I was my own person.

"Oh yes I can," I protested. Violet gasped, in shock that I argued back. "I've spent most of the afternoon with you! I want to go have fun!"... oh shit, that did not come right.

In disbelief, she gasped, along with her friends. On the other hand, Lola burst out laughing. I glared at her, so she wouldn't make it worse. "I thought you enjoyed being with me," Violet was offended.

"I do but sometimes I need my own space," I clarified. Her hard stare frightened me. My heartbeat pounded hard against my chest. "Would it be so bad if I went off to hang out with my friend? You have Rachel and Lucy, you don't need me right now," I pointed out, trying to justify myself.

Lately, Violet had been bossy. Hardly even compromised anymore. Always had to be her way or the high way. It's like if she thought she owned me. Ever since I officially asked her to be my girlfriend. Yesterday, she dragged me to go shopping with her. The day before, she stopped me from going swimming with Lola because she forced me to go with her and hers friends to get facials. She didn't want me to leave her side at all.

"Rosemary," Lola rushed me, sounding bored. "Edgar is waiting," she added. "If you're too whip to come, just say so," she peer pressured. Ugh. Not giving it anymore thought, I yanked from Violet's grip and jumped off the bed. Her eyebrows arched in complete and utter shock. "Thought so," Lola was proud though.

"Rosemary," Violet hissed when I was at the doorway, about ready to close the door. "If you leave-"

I cut her off, "You'll what?" I wanted to be seen unfazed by her threat but from the inside, I was dying of fear.

"I won't let you sleep in bed with me tonight," she finished her threat.

I sighed, "Fine by me," I shrugged, carelessly. "Even in bed, you're selfish," I remarked before slamming the door shut. "Come on," I said to Lola. Edgar was at the end of the girl dormitory hall, waiting. He grinned out of relief when he saw us. Upset and all, I walked past him, without greeting him. I just wanted to get out of here.