CH. 27 Marry Me

Rosemary's P.O.V

The moment I got the chance to, I messaged my friend to remind me of the children's home she went to. Called the home and arranged a time for Violet and I to go. In the meantime, Violet posted on instagram for people to donate children's clothes and toys. Lucy and Rachel helped collect the donations. Around campus, Edgar and Nick drove a golf cart to help collect as well. A high-speed chase took place when the security team tried stopping them from driving it down the hallways. Complete chaos. Only stopped to let Melanie hop in the back. People claim to have seen her flash the security but I didn't see. I could not confirm that. Knowing her, I wouldn't doubt it. Driving crazily, they made sharp turns and zig zagged in the golf cart. Apparently Nick thought he was untouchable with the way he drove.

At the end, a lot was collected. More than I imagined. Part of me was worried that they were going to respond the same way Violet's cousins did. Luckily, many people pitched in. Whether it was because it came from the heart or were only doing it to look good in Violet's eyes, anything was appreciated. The donations were a success.

Apart from that, Violet ordered boxes of toys and clothes.

She wanted to bring in a catering service to feed the children but I recommended to just order pizza and a few snacks. Kinda like a pizza party. They'd really love that.

The dorm room was packed with donations. One last time, Violet and her friends went over everything. Organized the boys clothes apart from the girls clothes. Boys toys from the girl toys.

"I say just separate the clothes from the toys," Lucy suggested. "We don't know what they'll want," she added.

"True. Anyone could wear and play with whatever they want," I agreed.

"Yeah but it'll also make it easier for them to find what they like. Boy or girl, whatever they're interested in, it'll be nice to have it all organized," Violet also had a valid point.

Rachel and Cecily proceeded to separate and neatly organize everything.

"The truck should be here in half an hour," Rachel informed and put her phone back down.

"Rosemary, you're in charge of ordering the pizzas," Violet appointed me the responsibility.

"Anything else, your highness?" I asked sarcastically.

"That's about it for now," she grabbed her phone. "And excellent way of referring to me, keep it that way."

Sometimes I was scared of being sarcastic with her because she knew how to flip it around. How to use it in her favor.

Cecily squealed, "Violet, look at the amount of toys Carina donated!" Amazed, her eyes grew big.

Violet ran over to see, "And she included packs of batteries for them!" More excited, she grinned from ear to ear.

As happy as I was for the children, I couldn't help but to feel jealous. The sad jealousy type. Carina was able to impress Violet. If only I had the wealth to buy so many gifts for them. Not necessarily to impress Violet but for the children. Making Violet smile would be a plus. Anything to make her happy.

I just wish I could do more.

"How nice!" Lucy smiled at Carina's contribution.

"Wow, generous," unimpressed, Rachel commented dryly.

Lucy's forehead creased, "I think it is."

Rachel snickered, "I bet all she did was order them in. How much you wanna bet that she didn't even look at the toys," she sounded confident. "Not like she made multiple phone calls to arrange a date and time to visit the home. Went around telling others to donate. Organized who was in charge of collecting the donations. Got people to help with the preparation," To Rachel, Carina's contribution wasn't all that of a big deal.