CH. 34 Greasy

Rosemary's P.O.V

For the last two days, I had been messaging back and forth with Violet's parents without her knowing. Sneaky behavior around Violet was dangerous. Every time I got a response from her parents, I panicked if Violet was around. I could tell that it was bothering her but surprisingly, she was containing herself from lashing out at me. Occasionally, she asked who I was texting and I told her it was either Lola or friends from my previous school.

As much as she was fighting to not start a fight over it, I could see it eating at her. So I felt terrible for putting her through it.

If all happened as planned, it was all going to be worth it and Violet was going to know the whole truth.

Violet always wanted to bond with her parents. For them to make time for her. Feel loved by them. What I had in mind was to arrange for Mr. and Mrs. Delaney to clear out their busy schedules for an afternoon to take Violet out.

So far, their schedules were not matching up. They both couldn't seem to clear it around the same time. Nonetheless, I was not giving up. Little by little, we were getting somewhere.

Violet was going to be ecstatic!

Sending my response to Mrs. Delaney, I turned the corner, not realizing that someone was running down the hallway. Trampled over, I landed my butt on the ground and my phone went flying a few feet away from me.

"Baby!" To my bad luck, it was Melanie. Not giving me time to get up, she straddled me. Nope! If Violet saw this, ww3 would start.

"What part of I don't like you, don't you understand?" At this point, I didn't care if I was too harsh. I pushed her off as hard as I could. As if she were riding a bull, she straddled me forcefully.

As if it were a game, Melanie giggled, "So you like it rough, huh?" She found entertainment in it.

Sitting up, I tried to push her off. "I'm seriously considering getting a restraining order on you!" I gave her another push and tried wiggling away from underneath her. "I don't want you and never will!" I hissed, fighting her off.

Giggling, she gripped my wrists and forced me to lay back on the ground. "Ah but you will!" How did she not see anything wrong with this? She could not force me to be with her!

"Melanie, you're crazy and need fuckin' help!" Frustrated, I used all my strength to escape her grip. I didn't actually believe that she was going to take it too far but still, I didn't want her touching me in any way.

I sat up way too fast and my face almost hit hers since she was still straddling me. Forcefully, Melanie cupped my face and pressed her lips on mine. Disgusted by her unwanted kiss, I scratched her hands with my nails to get her off.

"What the fuck?" Violet's voice growled. In a heartbeat, Melanie was yanked off and went flying against the wall. In case Melanie tried coming back on me, I crawled backwards. In complete and utter shock, I remained on the floor as I processed it.

"Bitch!" Melanie retorted, gaining people's attention, who were now hurrying to see what the fuss was about.

"Oh you're about to see me be a real bitch in a second!" Gripping Melanie by the collar of the school button down uniform shirt, Violet forced her up, keeping her against the wall. My heart stopped when I saw Violet swing at Melanie.

Smack!

She slapped her across the face. The heavy slap turned Melanie's face. Oh thank god it was a slap and not a punch. I sighed out of relief but only a little because I still hated that it got to this point. People started running to watch them fight. Instigating it, they chanted and cheered for Violet to slap her again and for Melanie to return the slap.