CH. 42 Cold Mornings

Rosemary's P.O.V

I thought having the whole afternoon to myself would be great but it really wasn't. This is what I thought I wanted but I really didn't. Instead of going out to hang out with Lola, I was in my door room, laying on my bed. Missing Violet. There was this strange emotion building up in my chest. A very unsettling one. I felt the urge to grab my phone to call her but I stopped myself several times. This time was for her and her friends.

Standing up from my bed, I went to hers instead. Letting my eyes wander around, I saw Amelia's unpacked stuff on the ground. Strange that her stuff were in here though. There was not another bed for her, so where was she staying at? Hmm.

The door was heard opening. Laughter came in. Sitting up, I saw Rachel and Lucy walking in, followed by a few men, carrying a mattress. "Right over there," Lucy instructed to the men, whom began setting up a bed.

"What's going on?" Slowly, I stood from Violet's bed.

"Not much, just setting up Amelia'a bed," Rachel laughed, along with Lucy. Were these two on crack or what?

"Useless though, right?" Lucy questioned. I gave a puzzled expression. "She could have just taken your bed, since most nights you sleep with Violet," she stated. Oh.

Rachel snapped her fingers as if the most brilliant idea hit her. "Or I could just take Rosemary's bed now and we can all be roommates!" she laughed. Yep, they were on crack.

"Good luck convincing the principal of that," laughing, Lucy poked Rachel's stomach.

Hold on, weren't they supposed to be shopping with Violet and Amelia? I just had to ask, "I thought you guys went shopping with Violet?"

Lucy's eyebrows arched, "Did she say that we were going?" I caught what she was trying to do, wanting a bit more of information to determine whether she needed to cover for her. I thought about it. Did Violet say they were going? Now that I was remembering, she didn't. That was my mistake then. In response, I shook my head no. "Oh," Lucy sighed out of relief, seeing as it was no big deal then. "Only her and Amelia went."

Another figure was seen entering the dorm from the corner of my eye. Mrs. Delaney. Politely, I walked towards her as the new bed continued being built. "Good afternoon," I greeted.

"Rosemary," smiling, she leaned in for a greeting hug. "Where's Violet?" her eyes wandered around the room.

"She went shopping," I answered.

Her eyebrows furrowed, "Oh, her father must have given the authorization for her to leave campus," she figured. "I'll come back tomorrow then," she headed out. I walked her to the hallway where it was more peaceful and quiet. Stopping with a questionable expression, she asked, "Who did she go with?" her eyes shifted to the dorm room, acknowledging that Lucy and Rachel were there. "Or did she go alone?" concern appeared in her eyes.

"No, she went with an old friend, Amelia," I waved off her worries.

Mrs. Delaney's eyes widened, "Amelia Van Allan?"

"Not sure about the last name," I could not confirm.

"An old friend, it must be her," she was sure of it. "Her best friend?" she wanted to make sure. I nodded. At that very instant, Mrs. Delaney smiled from ear to ear. "So nice to finally hear from her again," her eyes became overwhelmed with happiness.

"So, she's really close to the family?"

Mrs. Delaney nodded, "Almost like another daughter," she assured. "Violet and her were very close," she added.

"How close?" The unsettling feeling in me grew.

"So close that I could have sworn that they were dating," she chuckled. Jealousy invaded through me, filling up my chest. "But they were only best friends," she clarified.