CH. 31 Donkey Kong

Violet's P.O.V

All of a sudden grades were important? I mean, all of sudden my parents cared about them? I was given the biggest embarrassment when my credit card got declined when I was out shopping with my friends. Other friends were with us but luckily only Lucy and Rachel witnessed it. Being the best friends that they are, they paid for my items. Technically, let me borrow the money. They said I didn't need to but I was still going to pay them back.

The credit card was temporarily closed under my father's request.

That fuckin' sperm donor!

"You can't do this to me!" I protested.

As if I were out of line, my father pressed, "You failed to keep up with your grades, so I have all right to do what I please with my money!"

"Selfish," disheartened, I remarked.

"Yes, you are!" Father retorted, like if we were little kids.

"Mom!" I complained, hoping she'd back me up.

In surrender, mom lifted her hands up, brushing it off. "Deal with it with your father."

I squinted my eyes at her. Unbelievable. The woman who birthed me was deserting me now? Call me over dramatic but I was from now on going to consider myself an orphan.

I sighed, "Dad!" I whined and turned to look at him. That's when I realized that he had snuck away. Instead of a business man, he should have been a magician. Did a hell of numerous disappearance acts throughout my life! Best trick was when he sent me out to a boarding school. I turned my attention back to my mom, "Rosemary has been helping me with homework and has helped me study for tests but I still struggle!" I explained, feeling frustrated.

"Violet, your father just wants you to have the best education," she stated.

I sighed, "All of a sudden?"

"After seeing how much effort Rosemary puts in school, he wants the same for you," she explained.

Fuckin' Rosemary. Either way, my baby's smart ass was fine as hell.

"But I'm trying! It must count for something," I didn't know what else to do. The situation was stressful and frustrating. Next to me, my mom's phone started ringing. I looked at it. The caller ID showed that it was my so called father. "Your roommate is calling," I informed.

"Violet," mom scolded me.

Father was hardly ever at home. I doubt him and mom ever spent time together. Technically, they were roommates. What they had was hardly a marriage. I don't know but I'd want to spend so much time with the one I loved. My parents were something else.

**********

Nothing else to do, I went home with Rosemary. All weekend, I was not going to have any funds. My friends wanted to pay for me but it didn't feel right. Either way, I wanted to spend my time with my baby.

My in-laws invited me over for dinner. They still didn't know about us. As far as they knew, we were getting along.

Mrs. Myles had her back towards us, so we secretly kissed. The moment she turned around, we stepped away from each other. Not going to lie, being this sneaky was a turn on. Anything involving Rosemary was a turn on, better said.

"So Mrs. Myles, what can I do?" I offered my help with dinner.

"Call me Mary," Rosemary's mom welcomed me to. "Mrs. Myles makes me feel old," she joked.

Honestly, Rosemary's parents were so young. My parents were older. Not by a huge number but they were definitely older. I think Rosemary said that they had her when they were eighteen years old. Freshly out of high school. Practically our age! How insane was that? My parents were in their mid twenties.