CH. 14 Welcoming 2.0

Rosemary's P.O.V

Another party was being done. They used the excuses that it was made for me. Bull crap though. They already did one for me. They used any little excuse to get shit-faced. Regardless, I did not want to join those people.

People who I did not want to associate myself with.

Not my type of crowd.

Now more than ever, I had no problem taking care of Valerie on my own. The doll cried, so I fed her and she went to sleep.

I skipped out on the kickback and instead came to the lounge room. By the way, it was massively impressive! The section that I took over was furnished with a black L-shape leather couch. Decorated with both rectangle and square tiger orange cushions. A large curved glass coffee table positioned in front of it. Magazines and a long & thin glass flower-base with 2 beautiful sunflowers were placed on it. In front of me, a flat screen tv was mounted. By default, it was already on Netflix. Though, I had not chosen anything to watch yet. Still thinking whether I was going to stay or head back to my room, I rubbed my foot against the rug. Flattening it out and then brushing it back up. I felt like a bored kid doing so.

I looked over my shoulder to see what else was there. Just the unoccupied second section of the lounge room. Four leather and cream tone single sofa chairs. Positioned facing one another. An orange rug underneath them. I was tempted to move over there, so I could be next to the indoor fire pit.

Relaxing in the lounge room, I pulled out my phone. About to text a friend. As I was about to unlock my screen, I saw the time and realized how late it actually was. As much as I missed communication from the outside, I decided to not bother any of my friends. School was first thing tomorrow. I did not want to keep them up, just because I was already home sick.

Footsteps were heard entering. Instinctively, I looked over and saw a girl with a platter of snacks. Wait, it was that one girl, Olivia. Unbothered by- well, ignoring my existence, better said. She sat at the other end of the couch, placing her platter right beside her. Claiming the remote as her own, she grabbed it and started scrolling through Netflix.

"You don't mind, do you?" Finally acknowledging me, she asked. However, not even looking my way.

"No, feel free," Not like my response would make a difference.

Comfortably, she leaned back against the couch when she finally found something. "What's up with you? Shouldn't you be at that party?" She snickered, chuckling.

"Excuse me?" I didn't quite understand.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting shitfaced with the rest of the brainless idiots?" She added.

"Aren't those your friends too?" I was surprised that she insulted them.

Olivia scoffed, "I don't belong in their group."

Oh that was right! We were in the same grade but she belonged to a separate group with a separate set of classes.

"I see," I mumbled out.

"So why aren't you with them?" She asked again.

"Oh that, um, not really my thing," I shrugged it off.

For the first time since she got here, she looked at me, "Not your thing?" Skeptically, she arched an eyebrow. "Aren't you the one who," she paused to poke the inside of her cheek with her tongue, "someone from the school board to be placed in Violet's dorm?" She asked.

Shocked, my eyes widened, "What! Who said that?"

"Everyone," nonchalantly, she responded. "You sucked an old man's dick, so who cares," in the most nonjudgmental manner, she shrugged it off and threw a sour candy into her mouth, not even making a face.