CH. 8 21 Questions

Rosemary's P.O.V

Tonight was the dinner with Violet's parents. Dad said I had until 6:30 for them to pick me up. Enough time for me to finish up on homework. Who knows how long we were planning on being at Violet's house. Lola texted me earlier and asked to copy the homework that was given to us over the weekend.

As usual, the study room was empty. The bookshelves were dusty the first time I walked in. As if nothing had been touched in years! The other day when I was done with all my school work and bored, I cleaned up the room.

Searching for the answer to one of the homework questions, I flipped the page. From the corner of my eye, I saw someone walk in. Surprised, I looked up and saw that it was a girl, whom I didn't recognize. She was not in any of my classes.

"Oh shit, I didn't expect anyone to be in here," she looked just as surprised as I was.

"I'm actually finishing up," I started to pack up.

The girl chuckled, "Don't even worry about it, you can stay here," she was nice? Hmm, something new. "I promise to not make too much noise," she assured.

I chuckled, she made me feel at ease, "Honestly, I'm about to finish," I packed up the materials that I was done with. "So the room is all yours," I gave it all to her.

"Wow," she looked surprised. "You're different compared to all the assholes here," she added.

At the mention of that, I sighed, followed by a chuckle. "Thank you!" I took that as a compliment.

"That's nice," she smiled. "There's too many dumbasses who do a lot of shit talk in this prison," finally someone with some common sense!

"Yup, too many dumb-dumbs," I agreed.

"Yet you surround yourself with those people," the girl stated, which caught me off guard.

"I mean, they're in my class?" I didn't understand where she was coming from.

"You're around Violet all the time," she rephrased.

"Okay, well, she's my roommate," I explained. Not really like I had a choice.

"What about around campus? Either you're following her around or she is," stubbornly, the girl insisted.

"Neither?" At first this girl seemed normal but I don't know about that anymore...

"I don't know," the girl remained skeptical. "You're always within the same radius as her and her group of friends, including Melanie."

"We're all in the same classes," I reminded.

Regardless of what I said, she didn't seem to change her mind. What did I care though? I had no idea of who this girl was and I had to go already.

The girl sighed at herself, "I'm sorry! You must think that I'm one of these psychos," her cheeks warmed up in embarrassment. "Pushy-pushy!"

"Pushy-pushy?" I chuckled. That was kinda funny.

Seeing me laugh, the girl's expression relaxed in relief. "I didn't mean to come off as so pushy," she explained. "I get nervous around pretty girls-" as if letting something slip, she gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.

Flattered, I smiled, "You think I'm pretty?" I put her on the spot.

"I mean..." kinda shy, she paused. "Yes and I always see Violet around you... there's no competing against her..." hmm, that lack of confidence...

"Why are you so intimidated by Violet?" Come on now, she needed more confidence.

"Everyone knows that no one can compete against her," she stated as if it were a fact.