Chapter 39

28/11/2005

It was a rainy day, nothing happened so far as the time keep on passing. Haru opens her door house after hearing the knock on the door. Her eyes were wide open as she saw a person she knows. Standing in front of the door house, wearing clothes that were wetted by the rain.

"You gonna catch a cold, Mikey.", said Haru after see Mikey standing in front of her with himself being wetted by the rain. Mikey didn't give any response and just stared at Haru. Then he smiled.

"I know.", said Mikey. Listen to the boy respond, Haru looks at him in concern. She let out a small sigh and hold Mikey's hand.

"Let's get yourself changed.", said Haru in her soft tone, while pulling Mikey inside the house. Mikey didn't say anything and just follow her inside the house.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

"Do you want to eat something?", asked Haru to the boy who just sitting on the couch after changing his clothes.

Mikey just shook his head to Haru's question. Haru stare at the boy, he seemed to have a sad expression on his face and that made her understand what was caused by it. She walks closer and sits on the same couch beside him. It's so quiet between them in the living room. Only the sound of rain can be heard. It's so awkward for them after what had happened between them.

"How have you been?", finally Haru decided to start the conversation before it became more awkward between them.

"Good.", just a simple answer was given by Mikey.

"I see..."

Then it turns into silence again. Things were awkward as they don't know what they should talk about. Suddenly, Haru feels that her shoulder was heavy. She turn and found out that Mikey was leaning his head on her shoulder. Haru lil a bit surprised and then let out a small sigh while smiling softly at it.

"Really like a kid huh...", said Haru, making Mikey frowned while pouting at what Haru said. Haru chuckles as she knows that the boy was pouting at her statement.

The atmosphere slowly calming as Mikey was so comfortable leaning his head on Haru's shoulder.

"Nee...Haruchin."

"Hmm?"

"Can't you come back?", asked Mikey. There is sadness in his tone as he asks the girl. There is no response to it at all. Mikey's face become sadder as he didn't get any response from the girl. "No, huh?"

"I'm sorry, Mikey."

Mikey didn't respond. He knows it was no use anymore.

"It's okay. I understand.", said Mikey, while standing up from the couch. "So don't worry, Haruchin.", he then turns around and look down at Haru who still sitting on the couch. Mikey then gives her a gentle smile as he starts to say...

"I not gonna force you, Haruchin. Thank you for all this past month. Staying by my side and everything."