Chapter 6

Gwen sighed as she cut open a cardboard box, pulling out the stacks of table cloths. "Those string lights look good!" She smiled, looking up at Ryan, who was on one of the ladders as she headed towards one of the circular tables Ashley was wiping down. "Thanks again for helping on such short notice."

"It was nothing, I'm always glad to help." Ryan's deep voice rumbled. He climbed down the ladder after he finished hanging the lights.

Gwen set down the stack of table coverings, opening one and laying it out on an empty table. "Heather have you seen the box of table decorations?"

"Yes I've seen it. No I don't know where it is." Heather spat back, glaring at her.

"Also, could someone find Noelle and Everleigh and figure out what the status of that punch fountain and backdrop are?" She smoothed the air bubbles out of the plastic before moving to the next table. "And has anyone seen Rose? She was supposed to be getting the props and photo backdrop the art class made... she's been gone for a while, I wanna make sure she didn't slip and fall and die in the hallway."

"I'm sure they're fine, control freak." Veronica meanly joked, glaring at Gwen from where she was inflating balloons. "Plus none of us are free to look for them, we're all doing things you told us to do."

Jasmine smiled kindly as she and ash helped set out some table cloths. "They probably just got distracted or something."

"We're back!" Rose called, Everleigh and Noelle behind her. "And we found the table decor!"

"Oh good!" Gwen rushed over to take the box from them as ash put the last table cloth on. "Whitney could you help me with this? We're running out of time and the others need to set up the selfie booth, and the photographer will be here to set up in an hour-... Ryan could you help them with that? Jasmine, ash, Ashley could you guys get the punch fountain set up?"

"Well someone's in a tizzy." Everleigh chuckled, shaking her head. "We're even ahead of schedule, there's no need to be anxious."

"She's nervous about her date with Shoto~" Ashley teased in a sing-song voice. "Man how I wish I was in your shoes right now."

"Unfortunately, that's not what I'm anxious about." Gwen laughed nervously. "I wish it were that simple."

"Why would a perfect girl like you be nervous about anything?" Veronica rolled her eyes. "You have the perfect life, perfect hair, perfect body... hell, you're going to prom with Shoto Todoroki; and yet you still have the audacity to be nervous?" She chuckled. "You don't deserve to be going with Shoto; you haven't lifted a finger for him. If anyone here deserves him it's me or Heather." Veronica glared at Gwen, who was meticulously setting and decorating tables.

"I don't have time for this right now, Veronica." Gwen huffed. "Rose, Whitney, could you finish decorating the DJ booth please?"

"Don't ignore us, Little miss perfect."

"I really don't get what he sees in you, you're just a spoiled little brat who thinks the world revolves around her." Heather added, checking her nails.

"If I'm being entirely honest, I don't know what he sees in me either." She looked up at them as she set out a few candles and tea lights, her expression unamused and her voice laced with a passive-aggressive tone. "Did it ever occur to you that he wanted to seek out a woman and not have the woman seek out him?"

"Well maybe he should get a better taste in women then." Heather huffed before her brother walked over and grabbed her by the hair.

"Don't be a bitch." Ryan warned.

"She's fine, Ryan." Gwen chuckled, eyes trained on the vase of flowers she was perfecting. "Remember who he's actually going to prom with."

'I'm so happy I don't have girl problems...' He thought before walking away as his sister screeched curses at him.