Chapter 53

The constant buzzing of Shoto's phone in his backpack started to annoy the young man. He quickly raised his hand, a grumpy look in his eyes.

"Yes, Mr. Todoroki?" The professor seemed slightly annoyed as he called on him. "Is there something you need?"

"May I be excused for a minute?"

"Why, may I ask, do you need to be excused? Is it an emergency worth disrupting the class for?"

"I wouldn't be getting so many calls unless it was important."

"You may be excused, but make it quick."

He curtly nodded before digging his phone from his backpack and briskly walking outside to take the call. "Hello?" He had an annoyed tone in his voice.

"Oh thank God I finally got through-" Kat's voice was laced with worry and panic. "What took you so long?!?"

"I've been in class. What do you need Katsuki?"

"We've been trying to get ahold of you for the last five hours- Gwen went into labor-"

"Wait what-"

"Gwen went into labor." He repeated. "We're at the hospital now, luckily ray and I were with her when her water broke-"

"I'll be right there."

"Just be careful, the traffic is really bad. The doctors are saying that she's on her way to give birth in the next few hours-"

"I will fucking walk there if I have to." He growled in response before hanging up the phone and darting back into the classroom to grab his things.

"Is everything okay Mr. Todoroki?" The professor raised his eyebrow.

"My wife just went into labor." He had a bright smile on his features although his gaze held worry.

"Oh my-" the professor looked surprised. "Hurry and go be with her, I'll let the other teachers know why you missed your classes."

"Thank you professor." He replied before throwing his backpack over his shoulder and sprinting out the door like he was trying to make a touchdown in the last quarter.

"He's on his way." Kat turned to Gwen, smiling as he let out a sigh of relief. 

"You finally got through?" Her weary eyes lit up like the sun.

He nodded, looking over to ray. "And hey, you've got ray here in the meantime; she's been through this once herself."

Ray pointed to Kat with a teasing smirk, "That one passed out."

"You did?" Gwen chuckled, looking up at Kat from the hospital bed. 

"Hey, that was a lot of blood!"

"I take it you've never seen Ray's period then."

"Owch."

"No, and I don't intend to." He huffed. "I'm not someone who does well with lots of blood. I mean, how are you guys still alive when you bleed that much?!"

"We're magical princesses from hell, babe."

"No, we're fucking queens." Gwen corrected.

"I mean, you can't argue with the truth." Kat laughed.

Ray laughed, reaching over to lace her fingers in Katsuki's. 

"How much longer do you think it will be until he gets here?" Gwen wondered aloud.

Kat shrugged. "I don't know."

A panting Shoto pushed his way past a few nurses before appearing in her doorway. "Not...Soon....Enough..."

"That has to be a record." Kat chuckled.

"You don't get to get in the way of me and my wife... or me and my soba."

"Alright, how many orphans did you run over to get here?" Kat teased, as an already exhausted Gwen closed her eyes to rest.

"That's on a need-to-know basis, and you do not need to know."

"Well, all that matters is that he's here now." Gwen sighed. "We should probably call our families too, they'll want to know my progression."

He walked over to her and smiled, "Probably."

"So what are you guys hoping for? A boy or girl?" Kat asked.

Gwen shrugged. "I dunno, what do you want Shoto?"

"Honey, you wanna know, Sweet, little, beautiful, one just like you. Oh, a beautiful, wonderful, perfect all-American girl~" He sung playfully.

Gwen giggled. "Yeah... I'm hoping for a girl too..."

He bent down to place a gentle kiss on her forehead, and she smiled.

"Don't stop there, you guys have any names picked out?"

Shoto looked down at Gwen, "I don't know, do we?"

She shook her head. "I never really thought about it." The thought for a moment. "What about... Charlotte? like, for a girl? Charlie for short?"

Shoto smiled, nodding gently. "I like it."