Chapter 35

"And you believe these girls were behind all of this?" The officer raised an eyebrow. "All of the letters are anonymous, and there are no witnesses to confirm anything."

They were sitting at the police station, explaining everything that had happened.

"Yes, officer. All the evidence points to them along with their actions beforehand. They're obsessed."

"Obsessed with what exactly?"

"Me."

"And has the victim of these attacks confirmed all of this?"

"She's currently in a coma."

"A coma?" He sat back, raising an eyebrow. "And what relationship do you have with the victim and their family?"

"She's my childhood best friend and ex."

"Ex-girlfriend?" The officer seemed unsure. "And why should I trust you? You're facing the same child pornography charges simply for knowingly having the photos in your possession. For all I know you could be the crazy ex-boyfriend who will do anything to get her back."

"Because despite what's happened, I'd still do anything to see her happy. I don't care where this puts me as long as she gets the justice she deserves."

"Alright, you said that she's in the hospital right now?"

"Yes sir."

"And why is she in the hospital?"

"The cheer team purposely dropped her."

"Are you accusing these girls of attempted murder?"

"Yes sir."

"And you have evidence to support this claim?"

"Gwen herself is lying in a hospital bed. Along with a death threat clearly written."

The officer nodded. "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do until we know whether or not she's brain dead, since we need to ask her a few questions."

He looked slightly confused but nodded slowly, mind racing. This all could have been avoided if he hadn't been so blind.

"I assume you haven't heard the most recent news on her medical condition." The man sighed. "It's only been disclosed to those investigating and her parents."

"No I haven't." His heart started to burn with an ache once again, blaming himself for the events.

"They're waiting to see if she's brain dead, like I said. There hasn't been any activity for about 5 hours, so it's not looking good for her. Her biggest injury is a severe concussion, and they managed to patch her back up fairly well after a few surgeries. She had broken right arm, left hand & shoulder blade, both legs are broken in various ways, including hairline fractures, and one of her ribs by her heart was shattered." The man shook his head. "If there's no activity in the next 10 hours they're going to pull the plug and harvest her organs to donate."

Color drained from his face but he fought back his emotions. "I see..."

"There's still a chance she could survive, at this rate it's about a 60-40% ratio; 40% being the chance of survival."

"You just made today so much better." He said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, I just felt like you needed to know the truth."

"I appreciate it."

"It's okay to cry, you know."

"Crying just makes everything wet." he forced a faint smile and a painful laugh.

The officer stood up, the metal chair groaning as it scraped against the concrete floor. "Well, let's get you back out to the lobby so I can bring your friends in for questioning."

He curtly nodded and stood up.

The officer escorted him out of the room and to where the others were waiting.

"Mr. Bakugo, can I speak with you ne-"

"Grayson!" A female voice called over the radio on the officer's belt.

He pressed the button on the object. "This is Officer Grayson, reporting for duty."

"The victim in case 477 is awake and ready for interrogation. Please report to St. Mary's hospital at 08:30 hours, Maddison at the front desk will give you more info when you arrive."

"Copy that."

Ash perked up at the sound of the officer's radio. "Guys..." He spoke softly, "Gwen's awake."

Kat raised an eyebrow as the officer kept talking to people on his radio. "How do you know that?"

"My dad is an officer and my mom is a detective. On another note both of them are on this case..." he trailed off for a moment. "It's also her case file number..." He added, and Sho's eyes gave way to a slight bit more life.

The officer looked up at them. "If you want some of you can ride in the squad car with me."

"I call shotgun!" Kat shouted, jumping up out of his seat.

"Hey! No fair!" Ash whined while Ryan gently patted his head.

"It's ok, puppy."

Shoto cracked a small smile, glad she was alive.