Chapter 22

Bruciatura whinnied, the stallion's deep sound echoing through the tree-littered mountainside. He was young, sleek and a triple crown winner. He held his bay head high, snorting and prancing around anxiously. "I know bud, you wanna run but you need to calm down before you startle Congelamento."

Ravyn slowed down to ride beside Katsuki. "Spirit here is getting restless so I might take a short sprint so he doesn't spook the others." Bruciatura nickered at the thought of galloping through the woods while Bucaneve just huffed at the weight on her back.

Shoto held Gwen close, not a fan of being on such a large horse where his lover could get hurt.

"Just don't get too carried away." Kat chuckled. "Last time you said that you went off trail and were riding by yourself for hours." He looked over at Gwen and sho with a playful smirk. "And I don't think Gwen's gonna let Shoto have any more of that pie so we may need assistance restraining him."

She laughed, "If I'm not back in two minutes then assume I'm dead."

"You have insurance, right?" He teased.

"Just don't be gone for too long or the food's gonna get gross." Gwen added. "Ice packs can only keep stuff cold for so long."

"Two minutes. I promise."

"Alright, just don't get distracted."

"I will do my best! Straighten your posture though Gwen. She can feel every move you make and you're going to throw her off balance."

Gwen sat up a bit straighter. "How much farther is it to this picnic spot anyway?"

"We're only like halfway." She said before the pair bolted off.

Gwen shook her head, smiling. "You can't contain that girl, Katsuki. No matter how hard you try, nothing can stop her or hold her down."

"I know." He grinned. "That's what I love about her."

Shoto stayed quiet, stifling a small yawn before a small plume of dust drifted over them.

Gwen gently waved it away from her face, sneezing once or twice. "We should probably continue on."

He nodded, kicking Bucaneve into a slow trot.