Chapter 17

Gwen and Shoto headed to their homeroom as usual, getting there at the normal time. Today Gwen was wearing Shoto's varsity jacket; letting the oversized sleeves hang over her hands.

"I know, I can't believe it!" Myles grinned. "They offered a bunch of us scholarships!"

"If we win the game, we get the scholarship; it's simple." Christian added. "And winning the game should be easy since we're playing against meadow brook."

"That's great guys!" Rose grinned. "The cheer team's got your backs, we'll cheer harder than ever before since Heather can't sleep with the other team captain again."

"What's this about scholarships?" Gwen asked, entering the classroom and heading to her desk; fingers intertwined with Shoto's.

"Colleges from all over the country have offered full scholarships to pretty much everyone on the football team! A few of us got the letters on Tuesday, then a few more yesterday, and they're still coming!" Myles repeated. "And all we have to do is win the big game next Friday."

"Wow, that's amazing!"

"Yeah, and I hear there's a bunch of big colleges all trying to get their hands on Shoto." Carson chuckled. "If we win the game he pretty much gets to pick from every school in existence."

Micheal nodded at the jacket. "Lookin' schnazy, Gwen."

"Is that Shoto's varsity jacket?" Veronica hissed.

"Wow, the relationship is getting serious, is it now?" Cliff teased.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Shoto replied with a playful smirk.

"Nope." Cliff grinned.

"Gwen, what the hell are you doing wearing Shoto's varsity jacket!?!" Veronica shouted, standing up and slamming her hands on her desk. "That's like; the most sacred item in existence, and you're tainting it!"

Gwen kept a calm demeanor. "What, you got a problem with me, Shoto's girlfriend, wearing his varsity jacket?"

"Take it off. Right. Now. Before Heather or I have to take it off of you." Veronica growled.

Gwen looked her dead in the eyes, leaning onto Shoto."No."

"If I didn't feel like getting sent to the principal's office I'd break your nose right about now." He growled.

Gwen took her seat at her desk. "Don't worry, they're not gonna try anything."