Chapter 24

-Wednesday- 

-Days remaining until the game: 2-

Gwen sighed, enjoying the feel of Shoto's varsity jacket around her. She and Shoto had driven separately since he had to stay so late for football practice. She was sad without her morning hugs and kisses, and this was the best she had until she saw him at their last class of the day.

The hinges creaked as she opened her locker, and something white fell out and landed at her feet. She picked it up, discovering it was an envelope. She cautiously opened it, reading the typed letter inside.

'So skinny, I'm surprised Shoto hasn't snapped you like the useless twig you are yet. You try so hard to be loved but everyone knows you're just a little freak of nature. A horny little good for nothing slut like you will be tossed aside like a wet rag the moment he learns you're just in it for the sex. You put on this happy attitude but your mind is full of lewd memories of each time you fucked one of the members of the football team. No one has ever, or will ever care about you Gwendolyn. I bet your dear boyfriend is just a screw in your toolbox.'

"Hey Gwen!" Sho's cheerful, tired voice rung out as he walked over.

Gwen quickly shoved the letter in her locker, slamming it shut and leaning against it.

"H-hey!" She put on a smile, despite the fact that her hands were trembling. "Where've you been all morning?" She nervously laughed.

"In class-? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine!" She laughed, grabbing her backpack and his hand. "C'mon, we should get to class!"

"You don't look fine but ok-?"

She leaned onto him, trying to find some semblance of comfort. "We've only got one class left before practice."

"Yeah." He released her hand to put his arm around her and gently kissed her head.

She sighed. "I'm not too skinny, am I?"

"What? No!"

"Are you sure? Cause I really am tiny-"

"You're perfect~"

"Am I though? Are you just saying that?" She mumbled, her voice barely audible.

He looked confused at her, "Why are you suddenly doubting yourself, baby girl?"

"I finally looked in the mirror."

"Well the mirror must have been broken." He stopped, pulling Gwen to look him in the eye as he caressed her cheek, "You're more beautiful than all the people in the universe could ever dream to amount to."

"I guess..." She sighed and looked at her feet. "C'mon, we're gonna be late to class."

"You guess-? Gwen. You're the girl everyone wants to be, you're smart. You're pretty. You're strong. You're amazing!"

"We're gonna be late to class." She repeated, a bit more firmly, clenching her fists and still refusing to meet his eyes. "And don't keep pushing it."

"Alright. Let's go then." He huffed