Chapter 44

-3 weeks later-

Ray curled up beside the shower, staring at her feet as she pulled her knees to her chest. The girl awkwardly started to try making small talk, "So how's life...?"

"It's good." Gwen smiled softly at her friend. "I promise you, no matter what the result is, everything will be okay."

"How do you know everything will be ok though? What if something goes wrong? What if he leaves me?"

"He's not gonna leave y-" Gwen was interrupted by her phone timer going off. "Time to check."

"God save me..." She mumbled, reaching up and pulling down the test, passing it to Gwen. "You can look at it."

Gwen took the test flipping it over. She studied it for a moment before embracing her friend. "You're gonna be a great mom, don't worry."

"What-" Her eyes widened.

"It's positive. You're pregnant, Ravyn."

"Crap."

"First lesson in parenting: you need to stop swearing so much."

"Why-? My dad cursed every time he stubbed his toe. That man loves his colorful language."

"What're you guys talking about?" Kat asked, standing in the doorway. His arm was still in a cast.

Gwen looked from Kat to ray, standing up. "I'll give you two some space." She quickly squeezed past Kat.

"No! Don't leave me-" She put on a smile, "Hehe...Hey Kat..."

"What's up baby? Is something wrong?"

"Everything's fiiiiine."

He raised an eyebrow. "You're using your 'everything's not fine' tone."

"What 'everything's not fine' tone?"

He walked over, sliding down on the floor to sit by her. "You can tell me anything, you know."

"...Yeah..." She leaned against him, trying to find comfort in his warmth and familiar touch, "If I tell you, you have to promise that you won't leave me..."

"I'll never leave you," he smiled, putting his arm around her and gently rubbing her shoulder. "You're my one and only."

She shifted to bury her nose into his neck and took a deep breath. "...I'm pregnant..."

He froze. "What-"

She stayed silent, biting her lip hard enough that a small trail of blood ran down it.

"You're-... how-?...."

"I don't know..." Her voice was hardly louder than a whisper, "One of the condoms must have broke or something."

"And you're sure?"

She nodded.

He pulled her into a hug. "What're we going to do about this?" He mumbled.

She hugged Katsuki tightly for a moment before releasing him, panic filling her heterochromatic eyes as the reality of their situation sunk in on her. If this got out before they were married her family's reputation could be tarnished.

He gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Everything is gonna be alright." He smiled. "Don't worry."

"Don't worry? Don't worry?! If this gets out before we're married then there could be dire consequences!"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean we all know Carson is a failure. So that leaves me as the one who's supposed to carry on my father's legacy as CEO of Ferrari." Her breathing started to speed up, "Uh...Uh...We need to get married and situated and and and-"

He shrugged. "Okay, I'm fine with that. I've been waiting for you to say something." He smiled again. "I'll do whatever it takes to stay with you."

"..." She just stared at him, "How are you so fucking calm-"

"I dunno. I guess because as long as I'm with you, that's all that matters to me."

Pink dusted her cheeks, "You really gotta stop being so cute."

He gently pressed his forehead to hers. "I guess what I'm trying to say is; will you marry me?"

"Of course I will Katsuki~" She purred, wrapping her arms around his neck.

He gently kissed her lips.

"Did I hear a proposal?!?" Gwen slid back into the doorway Natsuo style.

Ravyn waved her away as she smiled and returned his kiss.