Chapter 15

A gentle breeze ruffled the leaves in the treetops which spanned high above the pair as Shoto clasped onto Gwen's hand and led her through the woods. The ground was covered in old pine needles and leaves which had been sitting there since last autumn and made the forest floor more padded. Gnarled tree roots stuck out in places and birds chirped from the oak, birch, maple, and pine trees that surrounded them. Every now and then he would pause to find the path he had made for himself and chuckle before making his way down it.

About 15 minutes had passed before he found the small clearing where their old creation sat.

Sho stopped, turning around to face Gwen, "No peeking." He said, gently taking her by the shoulders to position her in the perfect view. "Ok...Now you can open them."

About 4 yards ahead of them stood a bright white treehouse which was mounted between two strong oaks. The small paintings which had covered it were revived and on either side of the doorway was a small handprint. The one on the left blue and the one on the right green. They hadn't been messed with since he couldn't replicate their old hands by tracing them. A couple inches above the small blue hand was one about twice the size in a much brighter, new color. 

A modern day Sho handprint.

"So? What do you think?" He asked.

Gwen opened her eyes, letting them adjust to the light for a moment before she gasped, a smile on her lips. "Is this...?"

He nodded. "When I found your locket I had to come find this place."

"And you fixed it?! All by yourself?!?"

"Yeah, it took a while but the work got done."

"I can't believe we had forgotten about this..."

"We were so little."

"Wait, can we go inside?" She turned to face him, her eyes sparkling with an almost child-like wonder.

"Of course."

Gwen grinned as she made her way to the new, stable ladder; quickly climbing up.

He beamed and followed close behind.

The small doorway was just barely big enough for Gwen to slip under and Shoto had to bend over. The ceilings we're about 7' tall at the highest point and sloped downwards at a 50* angle. White sphere lights were strung around the room in a spiral fashion, illuminating the small space. A branch of the tree jutted up from the center of the floor, smaller fairy lights being wrapped around it to provide a dream-like glow. The walls were Snow White but had a yellow glow to them as the rays of light reflected off of them. Here and there were other small revived paintings around, on the walls and the floor alike. The far side of the wall had a large patch which was missing white paint, two stick figures sat in the space, holding hands. The writing beneath them had been renewed though so it was easier to read.

"Shoto... this is amazing!" Gwen admired the room. "And you did all of this? That must have taken forever!"

"It wasn't too hard."

"Are you serious? I'm sure this place was crazy overgrown, I would never be able to do something like this by myself."

"It was nothing I couldn't handle."

She walked over to one of the paintings, crouching to its level. "You restored these?"

He nodded.

Gwen stood back up, turning to face him. "You amaze me, Shoto."

Sho reached out and gently laced his fingers in hers before tenderly kissing his girlfriend.

She returned the kiss, pulling away after a moment and looking around again. "How long did it take you to do all of this?"

Sho mumbled something under his breath, not wanting to tell her.

"Did you say something?" Gwen asked turning her head towards him.

"Hm?"

Gwen shook her head. "Never mind." She walked back over to him, put her arms around his neck and press her forehead to his. "You're the best boyfriend a girl could ask for."

He just grinned, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close to him.

"I dare say I'm in love with you..."

"I fell for you a long time ago, baby girl~" He purred, the words rolling off of his tongue like water over smooth stones.

She smiled. "Well in that case; I love you, Shoto Todoroki."

"I love you too Gwen~"

She soon pressed her lips to his in a passionate kiss, trying to convey the emotions her words could not describe.

Sho slid a hand up her shirt and kissed her passionately. His tongue flicked out to ask permission for entrance while his calloused fingers caressed her smooth skin.

She opened her mouth to let him in, running her fingers through his hair.

His tongue slid into her cavern, exploring the space before finding hers. Shoto's other hand worked its way down to dive under hem of her jeans.

Gwen pressed her tongue against his in a battle for dominance.

He smirked, fighting back against her.

Gwen groaned as their tongues wrestled, pressing her body against his and gently tugging on his hair.

He grunted and tugged on her shirt, wanting it gone.

"Eager much?" She chuckled, slipping the cropped t-shirt over her head and tossing it aside.

It didn't take him long to latch back onto her lips, his fingers making quick work of her bra.

"Someone's hungry~" she teased, tugging at his shirt collar.