Chapter 56

Shoto pulled his backpack onto his shoulder after placing his laptop inside and zipping it up.

"Hey, Shoto!" Tyson, one of Shoto's classmates walked over to him. "The rest of us guys are gonna go out for some food and beers, you wanna come?"

"Yeah, you never come with us!" Spencer added. "Just because you're married with a kid doesn't mean you can't let loose once in a while! Come hang with the guys, get away from all that estrogen."

He looked a bit hesitant as he pulled out his phone to look at the time. "I really should be getting home- But I guess a couple of beers never hurt anyone."

"Darn right they don't!" Duke chimed in with a thick southern accent.

"They have, but under control, they don't." Brandon chuckled, walking over with a slight limp due to his prosthetic leg.

"That was insensitive." He replied with a small smile, "You coming' old man?" Shoto let his guard down a bit as his voice took on a playful tone as he jabbed words at his old buddy.

"Slowly but surely." He nodded.

"How does Hooters sound?" Tyson suggested.

"The wife's gonna kill me, but I'm down."

"My wife is gonna kill me too, but hey, What's life if you don't live." Brandon chuckled.

"Amen."

"You two didn't strike me as guys who'd go to Hooters." Spencer laughed. 

"There's a lot about us Id be willing to bet, you don't know."