Chapter 25

"How the hell?!?" Gwen looked at the rack of uniforms, the remnants of hers hanging alone; shredded and destroyed.

"How would something like this have happened?" Ashley raised an eyebrow.

"Are we going to be able to get it fixed before the game?" Rose asked, picking up the various pieces which were strune about.

Gwen huffed. "I don't know."

"Uh, hey Gwen?" Hayden stuck his head into the room.

"What's up?"

"Your car alarm is going off."

"You've gotta be kidding me-" she grumbled, rushing out of the room, past where the football team was practicing, and to the parking lot.

Heather quietly snickered.

"I wonder what's going on." Kat commented, looking over to Shoto.

"I don't know but it doesn't sound good." Sho replied.

"Should we like... go check on her or something..?"

"Is that even a question?" He growled, jogging off to find his girlfriend.

Gwen was silently staring at her pretty much destroyed car. Slashed tires, busted doors; it looked like someone had taken a pickaxe and sledgehammer to it.

Sho eventually found himself in the parking lot and strode over to Gwen. "What's-" He paused mid-sentence, staring at her car.

"What the literal fuck is going on today?" She borderline laughed. "What the fuck did I do? Why is everything I own getting destroyed?"

"What do you mean?"

"First my cheer uniform and now this."

"I don't know but we'll figure something out. I know it's not your fault."

She shook her head. "There's no way I'm getting into this thing. My house key is in there, my backpack is in there, my homework is in there." She huffed. "It's gonna need to be towed, I'm sure."

"You could stay at my place."

"Yeah, I guess. I should probably get my phone and call a tow truck, since it's probably totaled. And maybe we can figure out how to turn off this goddamn car alarm."

"Isn't there a button on your key fob for that-?"

"If the sensors were destroyed it won't work."

"I mean I'd disconnect the wires but they're buried inside where I can't get to without a jack."

"Shit." She mumbled. "My license and ownership papers are in there. So even if I do call a tow truck I won't be able to get in there to get my stuff until my parents get home tomorrow afternoon. If they aren't working all day tomorrow."

Shoto reached for her hand, clasping it and squeezing gently. "It'll be alright. I promise."

"How could something like this happen? Like what the hell?"

"It was probably just someone who thought it would be funny to be a vandal."

"Maybe." She sighed. "It almost looks like someone ran it over, since the roof and hood are so crushed. The engine is probably busted too. But the tires wouldn't be slashed if that was the case."

"I don't know."

"I mean, who would do something like this?!?" She leaned into him. "I'd say Heather, Veronica, or Scarlett; but they were at practice. Everyone saw them."

"I don't know."

"My parents are gonna lose their shit when they find out someone destroyed my car. Do you think the school security cameras would have caught it?"