Chapter 42

Ravyn burst through the door. Her hair was a mess and she looked panicked as she ran towards the ER's front desk. "I'm looking for my boyfriend, Katsuki Bakugo?!"

"He's in room 304." The stewardess nodded.

She nodded before running off and realizing she had no idea where the heck that was so she backed up. "Would you point me in the direction-?"

She pointed down the hallway. "3rd floor."

"Thank you!" Something was clearly wrong since she hardly ever used her manners. Ray quickly raced to his room.

She nodded. "You're welcome."

Kat lay asleep in the hospital bed, the steady beeping of the heart monitor filling the shared room. The IV dripped slowly, his arm in a cast and his torso wrapped. He had a black eye, complimented by road rash, scrapes, and bruises which decorated his body.

Ravyn froze as she stepped into his room, tears traced down her already sodden cheeks at the state of her boyfriend. This couldn't be real. This couldn't be Katsuki. Her Kat would never let this happen. He would've gotten back up and cussed the trucker out.

He opened his eyes and looked at her with tired crimson hues, a faint smile on his lips. "Sorry, I didn't have time to get you any pudding." His voice was soft and raspy as he spoke.

She walked over to him, shaking her head. "You were supposed to bring me back pudding, not have pudding brought to you." She tried to force a smile as she faintly chuckled.

"I'll be fine, if you're wondering. I just had a couple of broken ribs and a break in my arm."

"You'd better be ok." Her voice was barely louder than a whisper. She wanted to reach out and hold his hand, touch him but her brain told her to avoid it. More wet droplets ran down her crave as she started to sob.

"It's okay, ray." He gave her a comforting smile. "I'm fine, just a little bit scratched up is all. It's gonna be okay."

"But what if it's not-? What if something happens?"

He shook his head. "Most of my injuries are from avoiding the truck..." he sighed. "I haven't heard anything about the others, but they didn't look good when they were loaded into ambulances."

"Who all went with you-?"

He thought for a moment. "Cliff, Ash, Ryan, Denki, Lucas, Carson, Preston, Micheal, Salem, Griffin, Kirishima, Skylar, Christian, Myles, Jakson, Brandon, Dante, Nathan, Noah, Blake, Evelyn, and Rose... I think that's it."

"So basically everyone-?"

"No. Not nearly everyone."

"Everyone I give a shit about minus Sho and Gwen."

"Speaking of which, could you call sho and Gwen to tell them what happened?"

"Yeah...And you're not allowed on motorcycles anymore."

"That's fair." He chuckled.

"Mhm." She huffed, walking out into the hall before calling Gwen.

Gwen's moans and the sound of skin slapping filled the room as Shoto's bed began to slam against the wall. Gwen's phone sat on his bedside table, and started furiously vibrating and ringing.

"Sh-... shoto~... my phone~... is ringing~..." she panted. "T-that's~... Ravyn's r~... ringtone~..."

"Cant s-she wait?!" He growled.

"Come on, Gwen...Pick up..." She grumbled.

Gwen reached for her phone. "I-... c-cant~... quite~... g-get it~..."

Shoto huffed, grabbing her phone and answering it. "What do you want?"

"Finally! Angry Shoto noises. Sorry for int-"

"What's wrong- you never apologize."

"Kat and the rest of the kids who went on the bike ride...Got into an accident..."

"They what-"

"What's wrong?-" Gwen asked, trying to take the phone from him.

He batted her hand away, "Is everyone alright?"

"I don't know, Kat's banged up and forbidden to ever ride a motorcycle again."

"What do you mean is everyone alright? What happened?" She tried to sit up, him being on top of her not making it easy.

"Kat got in an accident."

"He what?!?" She reached for the phone again. "Lemmie have the phone!"

He eventually gave it to her.

"Hello-?"

"Ray, what happened?"

"I don't know the details but from what I heard they were hit by a truck. His injuries were from evading it and I don't know how everyone else is."

"Who all was with them???"

"Cliff, Ash, Ryan, Denki, Lucas, Carson, Preston, Micheal, Salem, Griffin, Kirishima, Skylar, Christian, Myles, Jakson, Brandon, Dante, Nathan, Noah, Blake, Evelyn, Rose, and him."

"Are they okay?" Gwen asked frantically. "Please tell me they're okay! What happened?!? Do they know who hit them?!? Who would hit a bunch of kids on motorcycles with a pickup truck?!"

"Stop asking me questions I don't know the answers to!!"

"Is Katsuki awake?!"

"Yeah, he was the one who asked me to call you guys."

"Is he okay?!?"

"He's got a broken arm, a few broken ribs, and some painful road burn but he'll be alright."

"Can we come visit him?"

"I think so. I'm with him right now so..."

"Okay," Gwen looked over at Shoto. "If Shoto is okay with it we can head over there now."

By this time Sho had pulled out and was laying beside her. "Yeah, let's go."