Chapter 45

-10 months later-

————————

Sho walked behind Gwen, scooping her up into his strong, loving arms before carrying her across the threshold of their new apartment.

She giggled, bopping him on the nose. "I can't believe we're married." She grinned.

He chuckled, "Neither can I. I guess I can check that off my bucket list."

She shook her head, hopping out of his arms once they were inside; admiring the small apartment. "I also can't believe this place is ours."

"In a good way or in a bad way?"

"A good way." She made her way back over to the kitchen, returning to unpacking the box of cookware.

"I'm glad." He replied, following close behind as he worked on placing cookbooks and dishes into the higher cabinets.

Mochi jumped up on the counter next to Shoto as bean came over and rubbed on his legs.

Sho smiled and scratched behind Mochi's ears before picking her up and putting her on the floor so he could give both cats attention.

Gwen watched them, her smile unwavering. "I see our fur babies are liking the apartment too."

"Apparently so." He replied, getting up and finding a cat toy before throwing it for the cats to chase, which they did.

Gwen sighed softly. "I wish we could have real babies..."

He got up, striding over behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her head. "So do I... but we can't afford to properly raise them right now."

"I know..." she leaned into him. "When we do have kids, I want to give them a good life... With you in school and everything we can barely scrape by just the two of us. My day job pays the bills... barely."

"We'll get to a point where we can have as many kids as you want." He promised, tightening his grip on her slightly.

She sighed again. "Speaking of school and classes," she pulled away, heading over to one of the bigger boxes, opening it and pulling out a dry erase calendar and setting it on the counter. She pulled out a dry erase marker as well, popping off the cap and jotting things down on it. 

"I figured this might come in handy. Oh and by the way I have an annual checkup in two days, you have yours next week. You got anything special going on?"

"School and my shift at KFC but that's about it."

She nodded, quickly writing it down. She pulled out her phone to check the time. "It's getting late, and you have school in the morning, so we should probably get to bed soon."

He nodded in agreement. "Yeah."