Chapter 38

It was an hour before the game and Sho pushed his way through the crowd to find Gwen. Eventually he spotted his girlfriend and snuck up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her cheek. He was in a white and grey padded shirt and his forearms were wrapped with white bandages along with his gloved hands who's palms were rubbery.

She jumped a bit before smiling. "Hey, what're you up to? Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

"Mmmm... Maybe... But I wanted to come see my good luck charm."

She giggled. "Just don't get yourself distracted. I wish I could be cheering you on, but, well..." she looked down at her arm and hand which were still in casts. "But hey, I'll be rooting for you from the bleachers."

"I almost forgot to mention... You're not allowed to come talk to me at halftime anymore." He teased playfully.

"Why?" She turned to face him, worry in her eyes.

"...You- I- Nevermind..."

"Win the game for me, babe." She smiled, placing a tender kiss on his lips.

"I'll do my best." He replied after pulling away.

And so; they won the game. Now, you may be wondering, "what the hell is going on?" Well, Heather, Veronica, and Scarlett were all arrested and actually ended up getting sent to prison. During the investigation they also discovered both team's gear had been tampered with, and someone had slipped performance-enhancing drugs into the opposing team's water. The entire team took a lie detector test and it was determined that Scarlett slipped it into their waters before the game. Both schools agreed to a rematch, and the scholarship opportunities were restored. They won the game, and the scholarships. Gwen recovered faster than expected and she got her casts off, regaining full use of her arms. Before they knew it, graduation caps were flying through the air, and their entire class passed with flying colors. You may be thinking this is the end of their story, but no...

It's far from it.