Chapter 59

Gwen huffed, trying to make some lunch for herself and her daughter as Charlotte wreaked havoc around the small apartment.

Shoto threw open the door, a bright grin on his face. "Hey guys! Guess what!"

Gwen turned to the door, startled. "What are you doing home so early- is everything okay?!"

"Dada!" Charlie giggled, moving to crawl over to her father.

"Everything's great!"

"What happened-?" 

"I just got a new job. Drum roll please!"

Gwen hesitated before playfully giving him a drumroll.

"For the Tennessee Titans!"

"Wait wait-... what? Like, the football team?"

"Yes like the football team!" He bent down and picked up Charlotte, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"As a player...?"

"Yes as a player!"

Gwen paused for a moment before grinning and running over to embrace her husband. "Oh my God! I'm so proud of you!"

He hugged her back while Charlie babbled happily. "The only problem with said job is that if I accepted it...I'd have to be gone a lot."

Gwen froze, frowning after a moment. "Okay... Like how often..?"

"Like, practice in Nashville all day and I'll be gone for away games most of the season."

"So how often would you be home...?"

"Some weekends and some nights."

"And how much would this pay...?"

"Depending upon how well I do... Potentially millions."

Her eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah." He laughed.

"You'd be home off-season right?"

"Yeah."

"Take the job! No second thoughts, do it!" She laughed. "We're gonna need the money anyway... heh..."

"...What did you do-"

"I was planning to wait and tell you tonight, but, heh... I'm pregnant again."

His grin turned into a bright beaming smile as he pulled her into another, tighter hug.

"Alright! I guess I don't have much of a choice with another one on the way." He said playfully.

"I guess everything does work itself out, doesn't it?"

"It always has."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝒯𝑒𝑒𝓃𝒶𝑔𝑒 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 | A My Hero Academia FanFiction 🎉