Chapter 013

After Herman Easton sat on the seat for a while, Jared Cromwell also came down in a clean white shirt and sat calmly next to Herman Easton.

Julian Nye turned around and saw redness on Jared Cromwell's face. "Jared Cromwell, what's wrong with your face?"

It was time for the donation session, Herman Easton rolled his eyes and laughed, "President Cromwell is just so excited that he has the opportunity to contribute to the poor old and children living in the mountains, that's why the face turned red!"

Jared Cromwell gave him a warning stare.

Julian Nye took a suspicious glance on Jared Cromwell and Herman Easton, and turned to look at the stage without saying a word.

After the donation session, it was break time. The cunning businessmen started to stand up with some calculations, and went to have conversations with others.

Julian Nye whispered in Jared Cromwell's ear and left.

After he left, Jared Cromwell saw that there was some curiosity in Herman Easton's eyes. He coldly explained, "He wants to be the special assistant in Cromwell's. So he must go to Germany to study for half a month before he joins the office."

Herman Easton replied with an "Oh".

Jared Cromwell continued, "When he gets back to the company, he will work with you. You help him to familiarize himself with the company's situation."

Herman Easton stared at him.

Asking him to lead Julian Nye? He must be out of his mind.

Julian Nye was secretly restless. If they worked together, they would fight at the back all the time, that would be a big show.

Seeing Herman Easton's face in obvious shock and anger, Jared Cromwell somehow felt a little better. "I have made up my mind. Look out for yourself. Julian Nye is weak, so you should be more tolerant. If he is wronged....."

"Then you'll fire me?"

Jared Cromwell's smile froze on his face. After a while, he spat out a few words through his teeth. "You wish!"

As soon as he finished these words, several business partners of Cromwell Group came over with wine glasses. They pretended to be sincere and began conversation with shrewdness in their eyes.

Herman Easton got out of the conversation and looked around the venue.

Those big shot went and surrounded Jared Cromwell, it was just the right time for him to slip aside to have a good time.

A waiter walked up to him and asked, "Sir, would you like a glass of champagne?"

Herman Easton nodded and reached out his hand to pick up a glass of champagne from his tray. Just as he put it to his lips, he suddenly remembered that he was pregnant. He pursed his lips and put the champagne back to the tray. "Actually..... better not"

He was pregnant and could not drink. What's more, he was not a good drinker so it was better for him not to drink.

Although the waiter was confused, he did not say much, he just nodded and left.

"Is there any warm water?" Herman Easton asked before the waiter walked away.

The waiter nodded and said, "Please wait for a moment."

Herman Easton waited in the same place for a while, but so long until he frowned. When he saw the waiter, with a strange expression, walked up to him and said, "Sir, here you are."

Herman Easton did not hesitate. He picked up the glass, raised it to his mouth and took a sip.

Unexpectedly, as soon as the liquid was put into his mouth, it was like fire, which made his whole face red.

"Ahem ahem....."

Jared Cromwell turned around, only to see Herman Easton choking so hard that his neck had turned red, and his eyes had teared up a bit. Jared Cromwell frowned and he went up to hold Herman Easton. "What's wrong this time?"

Herman Easton suppressed the nausea in his stomach and turned his head. The waiter had already slipped away. Standing in the crowd not far away, Mr. Clifford's small eyes were full of smugness.
Idiot!

Herman Easton clenched his fists in anger.

Ever since Jared Cromwell and him had lived together, once these people knew that Jared Cromwell did not have feelings for Herman Easton anymore, they wanted to make fun of Herman Easton occasionally, out of the superiority of being justice.

Previously, it was the cleaning staff they bribed to dirty all his documents when he finished working. Or splash him with red wine in the bar. This time around, it was his water had been replaced with strong wine just to make fun of him.

He suppressed the discomfort of the burning fire in his throat and pressing his stomach.

He was pregnant.....

And they dared to trick him with strong alcohol.....

Jared Cromwell took the glass from Herman Easton's trembling hands and took a sip.

Smirnoff Vodka, it was a liquor with high alcohol content.

He squinted his eyes and glanced at President Clifford coldly.

Mr. Clifford and the others did not seem to expect that Jared Cromwell would be so angry. They were all stunned and tried to disappear back into the crowd.

Jared Cromwell brought Herman Easton to sit down at the side and gave him some hot water. Although the hot water diluted the strong smell of alcohol in his mouth, the burning pain like fire was still surging in his stomach.

Jared Cromwell patted him on the back. "Are you okay?"

Herman Easton nodded his head, but he felt a little dizzy. He was not good at drinking, and the liquor he drank was too strong. In less than ten minutes, he was already tipsy.

"Can you still hold on?" Jared Cromwell asked with frowning.

Herman Easton did not reply, but his face became flushed.

Looking at him in this state, Jared Cromwell suddenly thought of what happened when Herman Easton was last drunk.

Last time at a banquet, Herman Easton inadvertently drank some wine and was totally drunk. He did not mention that he was drunk, and still wanted to go on stage and took the host's microphone like a mad dog. No one could stop him. He was so drunk that his eyes could not see clearly. He played a piece of Beijing opera 'The Drunken Concubine', shocked everyone and he suddenly became famous among the business circle.

Such a bad drinking manner was rare in the world.

Jared Cromwell was afraid that he would do something earth-shattering again. He sighed and said, "Forget it, I'll bring you home first."

"What home? F*cking home." Herman Easton stared at him, slightly drunk, "I haven't present anything yet today....."

Jared Cromwell snorted. "Present? Come one, don't be ashamed."

With this, he forced Herman Easton to stand up and nodded to other bosses. "I'll go with assistant Easton first. Excuse me."

All the businessmen knew Herman Easton's 'glorious' deeds. At this moment, when they saw Jared Cromwell carrying Herman Easton like carrying a zombie, they nodded understandingly.

Herman Easton slowly lost his consciousness from the alcohol, and in a daze, he felt that he was being held in a hot embrace. He frowned and punched the man's chest with his fist. "F*ck. Where do you b*astard want to sell me.....?"