Chapter 024

Jared Cromwell was slightly stunned. "No."

Herman Easton still looked a little unhappy. "Then you keep being odd today, what do you want?"

Jared Cromwell held the steering wheel and his expression changed slightly. "Don't think too much."

"Come on." Herman Easton took a deep breath and turned to look out of the window. "Do you suddenly feel guilty after breaking up with me? That's enough. Don't do this."

Jared Cromwell only felt that his good intentions were worthless after being questioned by Herman Easton. He suddenly felt a little angry. "I'm just being kind to give it to you. Just accept it. Why do you have to question everything?"

Herman Easton looked out of the window at the trees flashing by. Through the swaying leaves of of the trees, he could see the bright lights of the city flashing like meteors in the cold night. He sighed and said, "Jared."

Jared Cromwell heaved a sigh of relief when he saw Herman's calm face. "Yes?"

Herman Easton gawked at the outside. "You are good at doing business. Why are you acting so stupid when in love?"

Jared Cromwell's face instantly darkened.

"Not only as stupid as a pig, but also as stubborn as a dog." Herman Easton continued to comment.

Jared Cromwell's face became more and more angry.

Herman Easton sighed. "Look, you gave me a cake, but you don't even understand why you did this. Pigs will howl when they see the slaughterhouse, but you don't even dare to accept the fact that you have sympathy for me."

"Enough, Shut up!"

Herman Easton glanced at Jared Cromwell from the corner of his eyes.

Jared Cromwell's sympathy for him made him feel as if he had been slapped.

Such a burning shame.

"Got it." Herman Easton put the bag on his knee. "I'll take this cake as compensation for what you've done to me. But in the future, no matter how you think, don't do anything beyond the limits. I don't want, and you're not in a position to do so."

Jared Cromwell pinched the steering wheel so tightly that his blue veins bulged slightly.

Herman Easton knew that there was a kind of anger in Jared Cromwell's hearts because he had not appreciated his kindness, but he ignored him and turned his head to lie down.

In the exquisite wrapped paper bag, the sweet scent of the handmade cake wafted out, directly attracting his sense of smell.

Herman Easton swallowed silently. Like a thief, he quietly put his fingers into the paper bag and gently scratched it on the handmade cake.

After that, he licked his fingers as if he had not meant it.

So sweet.

His heart, which was so sweet and bitter, trembled slightly.

How long had he not eaten such sweet food?

It had been so long that his memory was vague.

The strong night wind poured into the car through the cracks of the window and into Herman Easton's eyes, which made them teary.

He sniffed and clenched the paper bag in his hand.

Jared Cromwell was an idiot.

How could he sympathize him after breaking up with him? How could he be so nice to him?

Their current relationship should be cold and isolated. They should live like the penguins in the South Pole and the polar bears in the North Pole. They should never get along well with each other for the rest of their lives.

That is the way it should be.

Jared Cromwell could not be so self-righteous and casually gave him some sweet flavors after they had broken up.

This kind of sweetness which could be enough to hurt people.

The lights like shooting stars on the outside moving by tirelessly. Herman Easton did not even know that his silly bloodshot eyes were clearly reflected on the window.

Jared Cromwell was still driving the car, with his lips tightly closed, as if he was enduring something.

At this time, his heart was full of injustice and anger. He felt that his kindness had not been treated with appreciation by Herman Easton. He was really angry. Therefore, he said nothing and did not turn to face him.

Though he could clearly see the reflection of Herman Easton in the window as soon as he turned his head.