Chapter 015

Jared Cromwell walked slowly in the snow with Herman Easton on his back. After a long silence, he asked.

"You have suffered a lot, why didn't you tell me?"

Herman Easton lay on his shoulders, as if he was about to fall asleep. He muttered in a low voice, "What's the point of telling you? You don't like me at all....."

"Why are you so stubborn?"

Herman Easton pouted and did not even notice the tears rolling down his cheeks. "I'll leave soon. I'll go far away so that you can never find me. Even if you want to give me a small thirty dollar cake, you won't have a chance to give it to me!"

Jared Cromwell sighed and touched his cold cheek. "I'll celebrate your birthday this year, okay?"

"You're lying to me."

"I wouldn't lie to you. Definitely not lying to you!"

"You're all liars. You don't want me anymore, and chase me away....."

Jared Cromwell suppressed the pain in his heart and his voice became softer. "No, no one is going to leave you."

He suddenly remembered the first time he saw Herman Easton five years ago. Wearing a white sweater, black pants with white shoes, he was clean and tidy. His eyes shone bright like diamonds.

Over the past five years, Herman Easton had been very kind to him.

Herman Easton wholeheartedly tried his best to please everyone. Without his gentle grandparents and his parents, who he could rely on, Herman Easton had already regarded Jared Cromwell as the most important person in his life.

But what about him?

When Herman Easton tried to take care of his appetite, busy making lots of porridge until his hands had blisters, Jared Cromwell was texting Julian Nye and writing romantic words that made Julian Nye blush. He left Herman Easton alone on Chinese New Year's Eve waiting in an empty villa. At the same time, he boarding the plane to hug Julian Nye in Los Angeles.

He was willing to kick Herman Easton and his cat out of the villa because of Julian Nye. Little did he know, once Herman Easton left Cromwell's, he would be considered homeless.

Herman Easton was like a gentle but fierce stray cat. He had his courage and tried hard to wander through cold crowds, walk across numerous dangerous roads to Jared Cromwell's side. He trusted him fully and showed him his soft under-belly, wanted to please him and let him pet him.

But Jared Cromwell stabbed that soft belly hard.

Jared Cromwell suddenly felt that he had done something wrong to Herman Easton.

At least..... he should not be so cruel to him.

At least for the next six months, he should treat him well.

"I miss my mother so much. I miss my grandmother so much." Herman Easton had no consciousness and only felt that there was a water droplet sliding down from his eye. "Did I do something wrong? Why did the children have their own homes? Only I didn't have it?"

"You did nothing wrong."

Herman Easton shook his little head gently. "I'll celebrate my birthday alone, spend the Spring Festival alone. What if I pass away suddenly, will anyone feel sad for me?"

When Jared Cromwell was about to say something, Herman Easton suddenly retched. He hurriedly put Herman Easton down. "Do you want to vomit?"

Herman Easton shook his head unconsciously.

Maybe his stomach feels uncomfortable again, Jared Cromwell thought. He gently hugged Herman Easton and gently rubbed his stomach.

The street lights shone the warm yellow light, shining on the ice and bright snow on the ground, and the light in their eyes.

Jared Cromwell looked at Herman Easton's face, which was at a close distance. His soft eyelashes hung down, and his mouth mumbled from time to time. Not the aggressive face he had when he was awake.

Somehow, a thought came to his mind. He lowered his head slightly and kissed Herman Easton.

This kiss had no lust meaning, just a gentle touch of each other's lips, exchanging warmth in the cold night.

Jared Cromwell held him in his arms and warmed his body with his own. "No one is going to leave."

Herman Easton was in his arms, like a wanderer felt the warmth of a fire on a cold night, and gradually quieted down. Just as Jared Cromwell thought he was asleep, he suddenly shouted, "Jared Cromwell is a b*stard!"

Jared Cromwell had no choice but to say in a low husky voice, "Well, well, Jared Cromwell is a b*stard. I'll let you scold him."

"Jared Cromwell is a b*stard..... but ....."

Jared Cromwell protected him from falling down. "But what?"

"But..... what about the little b*stard....."

Jared Cromwell just thought that Herman Easton was drunk and talking nonsense. "What little b*stard?"

"What about the little b*stard....." Herman Easton murmured, "Would he abandon the little b*stard?"

Jared Cromwell was about to ask more questions, but Herman Easton fell asleep in his arms like a robot with a flat battery. His breathing was shallow and well-proportioned.

Jared Cromwell shook his head, picked him up horizontally, and returned to the original road. He put Herman Easton in the back seat of the car and covered him with a blanket.

The car drove slowly back to Cromwell's.

The heavy snow was relentless, covering the city overnight.