Chapter 022

Jared Cromwell frowned. "Look at what you eat every day. If you lived alone, could your body really withstand it?"

Herman Easton raised his eyebrows. "Why do you suddenly care about my health? Are you feeling okay?'

After a while, Jared Cromwell's deep voice sounded again. "Don't be so stubborn. I mean no harm."

Herman Easton did not speak.

Jared Cromwell glanced at him, and his voice was still calm. "You can move out, but Muffin has to stay."

Herman Easton was so angry that his eyes were widely open. "Why? It's my cat!"

"Do you have any evidence?" Jared Cromwell looked determined. "Do you have any adoption certificate?"

Herman Easton gritted his teeth. "Then let Muffin decide who it wants to go with!"

Jared Cromwell raised the corner of his lips. "There is no such law. If you can't get the certificate, it means that you don't have proof of the adoption. I will contact the lawyer and change the ownership of the cat to my name."

"D*mn." Herman Easton was so angry that his face turned red. "Do you have to do this? Is Cromwell Group going to be closed down? You are even greedy for just a cat!"

Jared Cromwell was not provoked by his words. He calmly put down the knife. "Or, you move out alone. Or, you live with Muffin at the original place."

Herman Easton looked at Jared Cromwell as if he was about to spit out flames.

Jared Cromwell was really touching his soft spot!

He expected that Herman Easton would not abandon Muffin and left alone.

After a while, he angrily dropped his knife and fork, took a deep breath, and said calmly, "Well, I can live in your place, but I have my condition."

"Go ahead."

"We'll go back and sign the rent contract and exemption contract. The rent will last for three months, and I'll pay you the rent, water bill, and property management fee at market price. I don't owe you a single cent."

He did not want to owe Jared Cromwell after they'd broken up.

Since they broke up, they had to settle the accounts one by one so as not to find faults each other.

Jared Cromwell pointed at the table. After a while, he nodded and reluctantly agreed.

Just then, Jared Cromwell's phone vibrated.

He looked at the caller ID and answered, "Mr. Hornsby?"

Herman Easton looked around after hearing his words. As expected, he saw a man wearing a dark blue shirt waving at Jared Cromwell from a distance.

Herman Easton looked at the man, and the more he looked at him, the more familiar he felt. He suddenly remembered that this man was the rough man who had shamelessly stayed with the doctor on the day of his check up.

Jared Cromwell walked over and saw a beautiful woman sitting opposite Mr. Hornsby. Seeing Jared Cromwell coming, the woman smiled gently and said, "Cousin, you are here too?"

It was Cora Cromwell.

Jared Cromwell simply nodded and shook with Mr. Hornsby. "Mr. Hornsby is also here for dinner?"

Andy Hornsby lazily loosened his tie. His big figure and strong upper body made his dark blue shirt a little tight. "President Cromwell, please bring Ms. Cromwell back quickly. I just want to have a quite meal alone."

Herman Easton looked at the situation at hand with a playful look in his eyes.

It seemed to be like something out of a drama.

Cora Cromwell stroked her chestnut-colored curly hair aside, and her smile had not subsided. "Mr. Hornsby, it's just a meal. You don't have to be so polite. Have a glass of red wine?"

"Okay." Jared Cromwell's face turned a little cold. "Cora Cromwell, you go back first."

Cora Cromwell looked a little embarrassed and sounded a little spoiled. "Cousin..... "

"Go back."

Cora Cromwell noticed that Jared Cromwell's tone was a bit harsh, and finally did not dare to refute.

The Cromwell Group was Jared Cromwell's territory. If they wanted to have money and live extravagantly, they had to rely on Jared Cromwell. Therefore, as long as Jared Cromwell spoke harshly, she had no courage to resist.

Cora Cromwell sullenly picked up her bag and walked toward the door with her slender high heels. Before she left, her beautiful eyes with exquisite eye makeup were filled with inexplicable emotions. She took a deep look at Andy Hornsby.

Jared Cromwell took Herman Easton and sat down opposite Andy Hornsby. He sighed and said, "Mr. Hornsby, my cousin has caused you trouble again."

Andy Hornsby put down his knife and fork. "..... Nothing."

"I'll find a way to deal with your engagement with Cora Cromwell. Don't worry," said Jared Cromwell.

Andy Hornsby leaned on the back of the chair with tiredness. He stared at the ceiling with a dull look, and even felt a little wronged. "Alas, he had ignored me for a month..... "