Chapter 047

The strong smell of disinfectant stimulated his nose, and the blue and white wall separated the corridor into a cramped path.

The word 'Operation' was shining.

Jared dejectedly sat on the cold bench in the hospital, and his heart was in a mess.

He did not know why he would do that. Why would he become more upset when he heard that Julian wanted to make love with him? He was so annoyed that he kicked the accelerator and drove the car out and headed straight to Herman's hometown.

What annoyed him more was Herman Easton.

He found the dilapidated old house, and Herman's so-called relatives behave weirdly. He felt that something was wrong. When he forcibly broke in through the door, he saw Herman, who was almost in a coma, with disheveled clothes and a head full of blood.

What was his mood at that moment?

It seemed that all his strength had been drained. For a moment, he was angry, anxious, and scared. His whole person was about to explode.

The sound of high heels came from the corridor. Not long after, the figure woman appeared insight.

Anna walked up to Jared, took a deep breath, and calmed her gasps caused by the rapid run. "President Cromwell, how's Little Herman going?"

"The operation is still going on." Jared's voice was devoid of any warmth.

There was a rare trace of tears in Anna's clear eyes. "How could this..... happen?"

Jared remained silent, his eyes were full of bloodshot.

Anna stood there for a while, staring at the sign in the operation. After a while, she sighed and sat down on the bench opposite Jared.

Not long after, Jared's personal assistant, Jerry came over, panting. He nodded at Jared. "President Cromwell, this cat has been treated by the veterinarian."

While they were talking, the small hairy head of Muffin poked out from the black suit of Jerry, and it's two innocent big eyes kept blinking.

Its claw was wrapped with a thick layer of gauze, looking so funny and lovely.

"Meow..... "

Muffin moved uneasily and gently cried out. No one knew what it was saying.

"In addition," Jerry took a deep breath and said, "I also have a brief understanding of what happened today."

Jared immediately looked at Jerry with his sharp eyes.

Jerry took out two pieces of paper from the leather bag between his legs. "Look, President Cromwell, this is an agreement about the transfer of compensation, which means that all Herman's father compensation will be transferred to Herman's uncle. But..... Assistant Easton's signature..... The signature is not the same as his usual handwriting. I think he was forced to sign it when he was unconscious."

Jared grabbed the agreement and glanced at it briefly.

He was too familiar with Herman's signature. There must be something fishy about the handwriting on his agreement.

"What else?"

Jerry handed over another document. "This is found in the bag of Assistant Easton's uncle. It's a stack of leaflets. Take a look."

When Jared took over the flyer, he saw the red words printed on a white background flyer. It was clearly written that Herman refused to admit raping a woman and did not want to marry her, they needed to uphold justice and get justice back.

Jared directly tore up the flyer with a gloomy face. "It seems that this group of people has planned for everything. They have already set a trap for Herman."

"Yes." Jerry nodded. "This is just a copy. I guess there are still many in his uncle's house. If these things are spread out in the company, it will have an extremely bad effect on Assistant Easton's reputation."

"Remember Jerry," Jared said calmly. "None of these things are allowed to spread."

Jerry nodded.

When Jared was saying this, the operating light went out. The door of the operating room was pushed open with a bang. Several doctors came out with sweats on their heads and took off their masks.

Jared stood up in a hurry. "How is he?"

"He's no longer in danger." The doctor wiped his sweats and glanced at the people. "Who's his relative?"

Anna stole a glance at Jared. Jared said without hesitation, "I am."

"As a family member, why are you so careless?" The doctor frowned and asked.

Jared did not answer.

"Why did you put him in such a dangerous environment? He already had a sudden abdominal pain and a small amount of bleeding. But fortunately, his physical condition is not bad, and the wounds of being hit by heavy things are mainly on his back. And you sent him in time. The amniotic sac is not broken, so he is safe for now."

Jared did not understand what the doctor was talking about. "What did you say?"

"You don't know?"

Before Jared could react, the doctor's next words sounded like thunder.

"He is pregnant. You as his family member, don't you know anything?"