Chapter 040

When Jared came out of the meeting room, it was two hours later than usual.

Julian could not wait for so long and left earlier. He had no comment either.

After packing up his things, he walked down. When he was walking to the door, he was stopped by the secretary at the front desk. "President Cromwell, please wait."

Jared turned around and saw two shy girls at the front desk. "What's the matter?"

"Someone has sent a package to Assistant Easton." The girl at the front desk lowered her head with a blushed face and handed him the opened bag. "Assistant Easton has off work. Can you..... bring it back to him?"

Jared nodded and took the bag. "Okay."

After speaking, he walked out.

He pulled out the car and heading home. When he got to a red light, Jared pulled up by the roadside and took out two mobile phones. One was for work and the other was for his personal use.

After a quick glance, he found that there was a missed call on his personal phone.

It was from Herman Easton.

He frowned slightly and was about to call him back. However, before he could, Julian called him in a hurry.

"Jared Cromwell?"

"Yes." When the traffic light turned green, Jared connected to Bluetooth and continued to talk while driving.

Julian seemed to hesitate. "Have you got off work?"

"I just came out of the company. What's the matter?"

Julian was silent for a few seconds on the other end of the phone. "Come to my Lake View Villa tonight, okay?"

"What's the matter?"

"Well..... " Julian's tone seemed to be particularly ambiguous. "You will know when you here."

Then he hung up the phone.

Jared listened to the beeping sound on the other end, but his mood was unexpectedly calm like water.

He held the steering wheel steadily and turned a corner. Unexpectedly, someone suddenly walked into the road. He hurriedly stopped the car so as to not run into the person.

He breathed a sigh of relief and glanced out of the corner of his eye at the bag next to him.

The bag on the passenger seat fell directly to the ground when he had broken hard. The loose knot was also undone, and the things inside suddenly fell out.

He glanced at it casually and was stunned.

After parking the car at the side of the road, he hesitated for a moment and reached out to pick up the things which had fallen out.

There were some tonics in it, but.....

They were specially for pregnant people.

He frowned and looked through them carefully, only to find a card with two words "Arthur Barclay" written on it. The content of the card were some things that should be taken note of during pregnancy.

Were these things for Herman?

Jared recalled that when he had gone downstairs, the girl at the front desk said that someone had given these things to Herman. She had asked him to give it to Herman on his way home. So these things were indeed for Herman.

But..... why did Herman need these mother and child supplies?

Could it be.....

An astonishing thought suddenly came to Jared's mind.

Did Herman, this b*stard, make a woman pregnant?!

Jared frowned fiercely, his eyes were darkened and in furious.

Okay, he really did not expect this!

Herman looked quite honest. How could he have secretly hooked up with a woman? How could he have made someone pregnant?

Jared was so angry that he was trembling. He immediately picked up the phone and dialed it.

"Hello, the number you dialed has been turned off..... "

The machine-like female voice rang out.

He was so angry that he dropped his mobile phone, stepped on the gas pedal, and directly rushed back to the Cromwell residence.

Uncle Leo was humming a tune and watering flowers in a relaxing manner. When he saw Jared coming back, he smiled. "Hi, Young master, you are back!" Jared slammed the door. "Where is Herman? Ask him to get down here."

"Hey, what a coincidence." Uncle Leo lifted the presbyopic lenses. "Master Easton was looking for you just now, saying that he wanted to borrow your car for a while. I said you wouldn't mind, so he drove the car and left. Maybe he will come back at noon tomorrow."

"Did he just escape due to guilty conscience?" Jared laughed coldly. "How could he do such a thing?"

Uncle Leo was confused. "What is it?"

"Uncle Leo, don't worry about it," Jared took a deep breath and his eyes were sharp. "Where did he go?"

Uncle Leo held his head and said, "It seems that..... he went back to his hometown."

Jared nodded and went straight back to the Cromwell residence

He found that the annoying cat was gone as well.

Was Herman trying to escape?

Had he run away because he had made someone pregnant and was afraid of the responsibility?

Jared was so angry that he directly threw the key to the ground.

He walked to the balcony and tried to call Herman over and over again.

All the calls replied with a message that he had switched off his phone.

Jared looked at the mother and child supplies on the side. The more he looked at them, the more they made him angry.

They had only been broken up for about a month. If Herman had really made a girl pregnant, then it must have been before they had broken up.

In other words, Herman had an affair?

Very good. Herman was really capable. He had did some great achievements!

Jared took a deep breath and found the address of Herman's hometown. He gritted his teeth and drove the car out.

He wanted to question Herman, at this point, he just wanted to know who the woman was and when did they start the love affair!

He could not wait at all.