༄ 17. Filler 3: Sohma Reiko

Haru, Isuzu and Aristia were happily playing with each other, but stopped when a maid from the main estate came.

"Aristia-san, Akito-sama wants you to visit him now", the maid announced and walked away.

Haru and Isuzu got worried.

"Are you going to be alright, Tia-chan?", asked a concerned Isuzu.

"Do you want us to come with you?", Haru asked her.

Aristia smiled at them.

"Don't worry Isuzu-nee, Haru, I'm going to be alright", she reassured them.

Two weeks ago

The fox girl had offended the head of the Sohma's. She saw Akito hitting a little girl when she decided to step in.

"Stop! Akito-sama! Don't hurt other people!" Aristia yelled and stood in front of the girl. The girl has short black hair and a small face. On her face, arms and legs were bruises from Akito's abuse. She was also about the same age as Aristia.

The black haired girl's eyes widen.

'I-It's her! Why is she trying to protect me?'

"You fox! You dare to intervene in my matters? Gods matters?!" Akito asked the red haired girl in a dangerous voice.

"You shouldn't hurt innocent people Akito-sama!" she argued back.

"Tch. Innocent?! That thing on the floor?! She took my fathers attention away from me! She is everything, but innocent!"

"Even mother loves her!" Akito gritted his teeth.

Akito tried to punch the girl, but Kureno held him back.

"Please stop Akito! You shouldn't hurt your little sister!"

Aristia's eyes widen in surprise.

"L-Little sister?"

Aristia tried to look at the said girl, but she only looked away. The fox girl saw tears escaping her eyes.

'I-I'm a coward. I can't look her in the eyes. That's because I.....'

Her thoughts were interrupted when Aristia grabbed her hand and ran outside.

'W-Where is she taking me?', the ravenette, still shocked, thought while running.

PANT

PANT

PANT

The two girls were standing in front of a big tree.

"A-Are you okay?" a tired Aristia asked the girl.

The girl was looking at the floor.

"Y-Yes, thank you for saving me, bye" the black haired girl shyly thanked her and ran away.

"W-Wait what's your name?" the fox girl yelled.

The girl turned around and looked at Aristia, but still didn't had the guts to look in her eyes.

"S-Sohma R-Reiko, goodbye", she bowed and ran away.

While she ran away her eyes widen from the words the fox girl yelled.

"The next time we'll meet again let's be friends, Reiko-chan!"

Tears escaped Reiko's eyes but she didn't look back.