༄ 50. The Future

"It's been a while, Aria-sama," an elder lady wholeheartedly greeted her guest.

"Yes it has been, Ena-san. How have you been?" The former Fox girl asked the elder

"I'm doing great. Thank you," the lady responded while pouring a vibrant colored type of tea into a golden porcelain cup.

"Congratulations with your long lost freedom. You've finally achieved your dream," Ena exclaimed with a warm smile plastered on her face.

"You already saw it, right?" Aria asked with a relieved look on her face, while taking a little sip from her filler cup.

"Hm, delicious,"

"How could I not? It would be a shame for my reputation if I — Mirai Ena, the fortune teller — didn't know it," the woman chuckled.

Upon seeing the silent treatment she received from the young woman, made Ena slightly frown.

"I think that's not the only reason why you came to see me right, Aria-sama?"

"You're right, Ena-san," the girl honestly answered.

"Can I still dream about the future when my curse has been broken?"

"I-I know that it was an ability that was gifted by the Inari God, but..."

"But you still can't part with it even if the Fox spirit is gone right?" Ena finished her sentence.

"Don't worry, my child. Just like your dear friend who remained with her erasing abilities, so do you,"

"You were born with the ability. It's not something that can suddenly disappear in thin air," the elder lady reassured the girl.

Nightfall

While the white haired girl's body was sleeping, her soul was not. It was currently flying in cloudy dreamland.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
So Aria is currently walking through a massive maze. It looked like there was no ending for a while, until she noticed something sparkling on the left side of the pathway. Not having the patience to walk to the destined place, Aria took off in a fast fox sprint.

"Wow, Ena-san was right!" the girl thought out loud.

"So I do still have my enhanced abilities,"

Then she finally arrived at the place. The white haired girl approached the sparkling beam and tried to touch it. Only to be transported into another 'world'.

When Aria opened her eyes, she was met with an unbelievable sight. Loud chants from the crowd could be heard. Sounds of people playing grand instruments submerged the grand area.

Aria turned around upon hearing a familiar voice shouting from beneath her. She looked down and a proud smirk engulfed her face when she saw a familiar blonde dyed volleyball crack head playing as the main starter for the Japanese Volleyball Team.

"So this is your future right, Atsumu..." the white haired girl softly muttered.

Then her eyes diverted to another section of the stadium. Her pink eyes were met with a familiar long black haired girl sitting in the VIP stands with a tiny smile plastered on her face. The beauty was wearing a red colored volleyball shirt with the name 'Miya' written on the backside.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Before she knew it, Aria was teleported into another 'world'. The said girl was suddenly standing on a pathway that was decorated with white and yellow colored bushes of flowers.

When she looked up, Aria noticed that she wasn't in Japan anymore. The white haired girl had transported to the city of love — Paris. Upon looking at her surroundings, she noticed that a grand wedding was held beneath the Eiffel Tower.

Aria began to approach the big festive and analyzed the current situation. A grand wedding took place beneath the Eiffel Tower. Aria looked at the bride and the groom. Her eyes widened upon seeing a familiar blonde and brown haired couple at the aisle. Their faced gleamed from happiness. It was a nice sight for the human eyes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Then, Aria came face to face with an unfamiliar yet familiar holy deity who's appearance could be compared to a Fox. They had bright white fur that was illuminated by the dazing moon light. Their glossy golden perfect eyes couldn't even be compared to the ancient golden treasures from the Sohma clan. Their aura emitted one of authority yet it was not hostile towards the little white haired girl.

"I've been waiting for you," The deity exclaimed, a elegant tone lingering in their voice.

"Who are you?" an astonished Aria questioned.

"I'm called the Holy Deity of prosperity and the protector of rice cultivation, but you humans might be more familiar with the name Inari," the God exclaimed.

Aria immediately bowed upon noticing being in the presence of a real god, which made the deity chuckle.

"Please don't bow my child," Inari exclaimed which made the white haired girl stand up straight.

"T-Then, why have you been waiting for me, I-Inari-sama?" she carefully asked.

"Because you are my last descendant, my child,"

"What do you mean last?" Aria worriedly retorted.

"I've heard the pleading cries from you and your ancestors... It pained my heart that my descendants were living an unfair life due to my previous mistake..." the Holy Deity admitted with much grieve.

"I'll bless your descendants with prosperity and luck as a saving grace from me, Aria,"

"B-But I didn't do anything special to receive such a grant gift from you, Inari-sama! So why-"

"No, you did. It was due to your determination to break the Sohma curse to free anyone from their shackles, which made you sacrifice everything, even your own health,"

"I can't let my last descendant roam around the world without giving you my blessings, right?"

"What kind of God would I be?" Inari chuckled.

"I'll give you your lost lifespan and health back, and grant your offspring eternal blessing and prosperity,"

"See it as a 'thank you' gift from me, my child,"

"B-But-,"

"Farewell, Aria. Don't forget to never doubt yourself. Live a good life,"

Then Aria woke up with cold sweat dripping down her face. She slowly began to sat up, trying to regain her breath from her dream adventures. The white haired girl sighed, while slipping her little toes in her fluffy flip flops.

The former Fox girl walked to the kitchen and grabbed an empty glass. She opened the tab and filled her glass with streaming cold water. Once the chilly liquid traveled through her throat to her stomach, she began to take a seat and sat down, with her arms folded.

"That was a weird dream,"

1172 words
______________________________________________
AN: Hello my dear readers~ I'm really going to spoil you guys cause I wanted to update the last two chapters in one go (lol). The main reason is due to my stubborn wish to end this book and start a new book. The second reason is because I'm really busy due to the upcoming holidays, birthday parties and my school/personal life. Please let me know what you think of this (short) chapter in the comment section!

Please comment, vote and share~

Stay safe and healthy my dear readers!

Lots of love from your author-san <3