༄ 24. Inter High National Tournament

It was currently 7am in the morning. Today is the opening ceremony of the volleyball Inter High Tournament. The Inarizaki team was already walking to the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium. Even though they looked coolheaded and calm from the outside, they were all shaking from excitement from the inside. Some were even anxious, maybe a little bit too anxious, because some players even threw up in the early morning. When the team finally arrived at the destined place their jaws immediately dropped.

"S-So big....," they all muttered.

"Indeed it is," the fox girl replied, also a little bit shocked at the size of the gymnasium.

"A-Are you sure that they're going to play here, coach?" An astounded Ayaka asked, while the coaches hummed in response.

"Captain, you may all go inside. We, coaches, are going to the front desk to sign us up," he said.

Kita nodded in response. And so the team, the two managers and Reiko were going inside the huge gymnasium.

Almost all the representative volleyball teams of the whole nation are gathered inside a big hall to greet each other and to be more familiar with your opponents.

"Oi, did you hear it?"

"No, what is it?"

"Apparently a bunch of foxes are qualified for this tournament,"

"Foxes? What do you mean?"

"There's a rumor that a new team will appear this year and that they're considered the 'Dark Horse' of this tournament,"

"Dark Horse?"

"Yes, they ar-,"

Before the boy could finish his sentence the gymnasium doors went wide open. At the entrance stood an unknown team with a really strong aura surrounding them. The other players mouth went slightly open, but they immediately composed themselves. On the other hand, the Inarizaki first years were all baffled at the room with strong players. While the Inarizaki volleyball team were walking inside people began to whisper about the 'unknown' team.

"Do you think that they're the so called 'Dark Horse'?"

"Well, they ARE an unknown team AND they look like a strong team,"

"W-Wait! That uniform! Aren't they Inarizaki High School from Hyogo?!"

"Inarizaki? You mean that one school who weren't qualified after their third years retired two years ago?"

"Yes, but apparently they have gotten some extremely good first years,"

"Oi, isn't that the rumored 'Fallen Prodigy'? What is he doing at Inarizaki?"

"Who knows,"

The topic about the Inarizaki volleyball team immediately switched up, when three gorgeous girls, who were walking behind the players, passed by.

"Oh my owls! Who are those beautiful girls walking behind them, Akaashi?!" A sudden owl yelled through the whole building. Everyone's eyes went to the said girls and their faces immediately became red.

Aristia stopped in her tracks when she heard the sudden compliment. She turned around to meet the boy who has spoken.

"Hm? You mean us? We are the managers of the Inarizaki volleyball club. Thank you for your compliment! Good luck with your upcoming matches," the fox girl replied and bowed out of respect for the older guy.

The boy was too stunned to speak. Never in his whole life did he thought that a gorgeous lady like her would notice someone like him. His teammates had to slap his cheeks thrice to wake him up.