༄ 37. Birthday In French Style

The sudden announcement of Aristia's resignation as the president of the Student Council of Inarizaki High School was the last drop that caused the group of friends to shatter. Not only did she not tell Reiko about the resignation, but she also kept her distance from them after that. The red haired girl didn't even gave them a proper explanation for her actions, even though they wanted to help her.

Some time passed and the group of friends decided to live their high school life further. 'Aristia will eventually tell us her problems, if she is ready,' is what they all thought. But as time passed by, they rarely saw Aristia at school anymore.

Today is Saturday the 6th of March and also the birthday of the half French half Japanese girl — Yamamoto Ayaka. She officially became 17 today. But even though it was a day to celebrate the birth of the blonde girl, she didn't actually felt happy. That's because of the previous things that happened earlier this year.

Ayaka's POV

It has been a long time since I saw my parents for the last time. Maybe around 3 months. I was happy we spent some time at New Years Eve, but that only lasted for 2 days. After that, they had to go on a business trip to the capital of Norway.

I haven't heard from them since last week. I hope they didn't forget today is my birthday.

RING

RING

RING

╔═══════════════╗
You've got 2 new messages
╚═══════════════╝

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
Suna-kun
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

8:42

happy birthday, aya!
wanna grab sum breakfast together?

Goodmorning, Suna-kun. Thank you!
Shall we eat at Melon's Bakery?

yeah sure
is 9:30 AM okay for you?

Yes ;)

At Melon's Bakery shop

Ayaka was standing in front of the cute French styled bakery, waiting for her friend to have some breakfast together. Fortunately, the blonde girl wasn't waiting all too long. Suna appeared a couple of minutes later after she arrived. The two exchanged their good morning's and walked inside the bakery.

The smell of fresh baked bread reached their noses. It smelled delicious. Along with the sight of the bakers greeting them with a warm smile made them feel at home.

Ayaka walked through the bakery, followed by her brown haired friend, and searched for a table for two. After a couple of minutes she finally found two empty seats near the window at the right side of the bakery. Then, the two of them took their seats and began to look at the menu. After a while, the waitress approached them.

"Bonjour, joli garçon! What can I help you with?"

(AN: Bonjour, joli garçon = Hello, pretty boy)

"I'd like some butter croissants with jelly and one cup of coffee, please," Suna responded, oblivious of the attempt of flirting of the waitress.