༄ 42. We'll Meet Again

(AN: Long chapter ahead!)

"Owls! Gather 'round!" a harsh voice shouted through the whole gym.

"Hai!"

In a mere second, the players of Fukurodani were surrounding their coach — a petite young girl whose hair was as beautiful as the white light of a bright full moon at the darkest time of the night.

"I have great news," the girl smirked.

The boys gulped upon seeing the devilish smirk plastered on their coach's face. There were two possible outcome of her so-called 'great' news.

One. She 'mastered' another inedible sweet recipe for the players to eat. Two. Their coach succeeded in finding an incredible strong opponent for a friendly match.

Obviously, they hoped for the latter.

Sparkles appeared into her shining grey eyes.

'Oh no,'

"We, Fukurodani Academy's volleyball club, have been invited to play at ToKan!" she enthusiastically announced, but only received little to no reaction from the players.

"Come on guys!" the girl whined. "It's ToKan!"

"Do y'all live under a rock or something!?"

"U-Uhm Asami-senpai," a first year dared to speak up.

"Technically, half of us got scouted and aren't from here, but from small cities," the boy exclaimed, which made the girl sigh.

"Okay, so basically, ToKan is an annual volleyball contest, in which only the strongest school's volleyball teams from Tokyo will compete against each other," Asami explained.

Hearing the word 'contest', made the volleyball captain smirk.

"Well," the captain began, while scratching his neck. "If it is a contest, the only one who can beat us is us," he exclaimed, which fueled the team's energy.

Asami smiled at her team, before silencing them.

"ToKan is within a month, so I need to upgrade your training schedules," she mumbled, which made the players shiver.

"Let's win this guys!"

"H-HAI, COACH!"

One month later

There they were. Shaking from excitement, Fukurodani's volleyball club were standing in front of the famous Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium.

"A-Are we really playing he- IECKKKK A DOG!!!!!" The nervous first year volleyball player — Tachibana Ken — shrieked like a little girl, while hiding behind the third year captain.

"Oii, Kohai! Don't be a nervous wreck and calm down," The volleyball captain — Aomine Daisuke — exclaimed.

"And stop hiding from the little puppy!" he also added with a sigh.

Fukurodani's current second year Ace chuckled at the commotion.

"Ken-chan," The Ace — Bokuto Haruki — spoke up, while slinging his arm around the little boy. "It's going to be okay," the boy told him, trying to ease his kohai's worries.

"Well," Haruki slightly bended to Tachibana's height and began to whisper into his right ear. "That is if you don't fuck this up," he teasingly smiled, which earned him a smack on his head.

"OUCH!"

"Don't tease the first year so much, senpai," Asami angrily said.

"Awh~ You're no fun, Sami-chan~," The Ace exclaimed disappointedly.