༄ 33. Truth

"......"

"......"

"Are you going to answer truthfully, Tori-nii?" a now irritated fox asked the man in front of her.

"...... Yes,...... I knew them, but...... it's taboo to talk about them," Hatori responded.

"Why?"

"Because that's Akira-sama's last order before he passed away,"

"Akira-sama? The former head? Akito-sama's father?"

"Yes, and your-"

COUGH

COUGH

COUGH

COUGH

"Are you alright,Tia!?" Hatori worriedly asked the fox girl.

Unfortunately, Aristia couldn't hear him, because she was heavily coughing and spewing blood.

Hatori eyes widened upon seeing blood on her hands. He immediately grabbed a towel and wiped the blood off her mouth. After the coughing fit ended, silence emerged between them.

"....."

"....."

"....."

"When did it start?" the dragon softly asked the little fox.

"....."

"It began after we lost in the finals of the Inter High Volleyball Tournament...."

"Why didn't you tell me?" a now devastated Hatori asked.

"....."

"....."

SIGHS

"I know it's your habit to always hide your real feelings, but you need to learn to open up,Tia," Hatori sighed.

"Showing your feelings isn't a sign of weakness,"

"It's a-"

"Tch, I don't want to hear that from you, Tori-nii," Aristia angrily responded.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't pretend you don't know what I mean!" the red haired girl suddenly bursted out loud, which took the dragon to surprise.

Flashbacks of moments with his ex-lover flooded into his mind. His eyes widened, but they soon were filled with understanding.

"If I showed my true feelings, you know what the consequences will be....Tori-nii," the girl softly muttered.

A couple of minutes later

After their conversation, Aristia was having another cough attack. Hatori hurriedly grabbed another towel and gave it to the red haired fox. He became more worried for her and tried to diagnose her, hoping it wasn't what he thought it was.

"Tia, I'm going to be honest with you,"

"What is it?"

"You only have-"

"Two years left, right?" the girl exclaimed with a pained smile on her face.

"Y-Yeah,"

"...."

"...."

"...."

"...."

"I'm sick, Tori-nii..."

"What do you me-"

"I'm sick of of all of this!"

"Why do we have to suffer all of this!?"