༄ 29. "We Don't Need Memories"

After winning the match, the Hyogo representatives are resting for their last match against Itachiyama Academy. The players were all exhausted and some even decided to take a nap. They deserved a little rest after playing against Miyagi's powerhouse. Others were hungry and decided to eat the lunch the managers made for them. The atmosphere was rather peaceful than tense.

Aristia looked around and decided to go outside to take a breath of fresh air. When she was only one step outside, she suddenly felt something or rather someone tackling her from the sides. Not being quick enough to do something, she ended landing on her butt.

"Ouch, that hurt like a bi-" the girl groaned, but was cut off by the one was laying on top off her.

"LONG TIME NO SEE, TIA, teehee~," a familiar boy-ish voice said, while sitting on top of the poor girl.

Hearing and seeing her bunny cousin, made her got a tickmark on her head.

"Don't 'teehee' me, Momiji," she groaned and shoved the bunny aside, in which he pouted.

"It's been a while, Aristia-chan!" A cheery voice interrupted them.

The red haired girl's eyes widened upon hearing the motherly friend and smiled. She turned around and was met with the brown haired girl, who lives with her cousins in a cottage.

"Yes, it's been a while. I'm glad you're doing well, Honda-san!" The fox girl said.

"I do!"

"That was a nice match you played, Tia," the rat commented, while patting her head.

"Thank you, but I only gave the players some advice. It was them who won the match. I didn't do much though...." Aristia said and muttered the last sentence.

"What are you talking about? Without you they couldn't win, Aristia-chan,' Tohru said in a serious tone.

The red haired girl blinked and frowned, not believing the brunette's statement.

"No, they could've won without m-"

"Damn it! Just give yourself some credits, you damn fox! Do you not see the influence you have on your team!? Hell, we've been here for only an hour and even a blind man could see that. You're so stu-"

"Hai hai, that's enough, Kyo," Yuki interrupted him and boinked his head.

"What Kyo means, is that you should see your own worth, Tia," Momiji softly said while gripping the sleeve of the said girl's shirt.

"My worth.......?"

"You aren't useless, Aristia-chan," Tohru reminded the girl.

"I am not...?"

"No, you're not, Aristia," a muscular voice interrupted them.

They all turned around and were met with the captain of the Inarizaki volleybal team, Kita Shinsuke. Aristia's eyes widened, when she saw the man. An angry expression was placed on his handsome face.

A while ago, Kita woke up from his little nap and looked around to find a certain red haired girl. When he couldn't find her, he decided to walk around to look for her. He couldn't find her inside the gymnasium and decided to go outside. And indeed there she was. The red haired girl was standing with her cousins underneath a big tree. Kita didn't want to eavesdrop on their conversation, but nonetheless heard them.

He was surprised hearing that the girl didn't value herself as much as the others value her. It's almost like the girl thinks herself as inferior. Not liking the way she doubted her cousins statements, he decided to but in. The man didn't even realized the way his face was morphed into an angry expression.