༄ 31. Make A Wish

RING

RING

RING

"Okay everyone, this was your last History class of this year. Have a great holiday and Happy New year in advance," The teacher said and ended the lesson.

After the teacher left, the students were engaged in their own conversations within their group of friends. Everyone but the volleyball players. They were immediately headed to their afternoon practice.

In the gymnasium, the volleyball players were stretching their muscles. Fortunately, they all recovered from their loss against Itachiyama Academy and returned to their energetic self.

While stretching, the Hyogo players were talking among each other about their upcoming holidays. In the meantime, the managers were preparing the towels and filled the bottles with water, while training started.

After practice the volleyball players and the two managers were about to head home, when they saw a familiar black haired Sohma girl, who looked really exhausted, leaving the school grounds.

"Why the long sigh, Rei?" A chuckling Aristia asked the girl.

The ravenette shrieked from the sudden voice and turned around and was met with the volleybal players and her two best friends.

"Oh, it's just you guys," the girl sighed in relief.

"And to answer your question, Maria-san was throwing a tantrum in the student council room, because her boyfriend broke up with her," Reiko sighed.

"Maria? Uchida Maria? The president of the Theater and Music club?" Osamu asked, in which Reiko nodded and continued.

"She turned the whole room upside down, so I and the others had to clean it all," Reiko explained, with tired looking eyes.

They all gave her looks of pity.

"Don't give me those looks. Come on let's go home,"

The walk was comfortable. Just small talk with each other.

"New Year's Eve is in three days, right 'Samu?" The golden haired boy asked his twin, in which the boy nodded.

"Should we all go to the shrine to make a prayer on New Year's Eve together?" Atsumu suggested out of the blue.

"The shrine?" Ayaka asked.

"There is one in Hyogo?" Reiko questioned.

"Of course!" The man replied.

"We can make a prayer and eat various delicious food after that!"

"Are you all coming or not?"

Many said "Yes" , while some of them said that they couldn't because they are already going with their family.

Everyone already answered except for the two Sohma girls. Reiko looked at her red haired friend. Aristia gave the ravenette a 'What should I do?' look. Reiko had asked permission from her brother if she could stay at Ayaka's for New Years. Fortunately, he was in a good mood that day and granted her wish. Ayaka grew up with the Japanese culture, including traditions, and obviously said yes to Atsumu's request.

On the other hand, Aristia became silent and was deep in thought. She wanted to go with her friends to the shrine on that day, but she also needed to attend the New Year's banquet with the other zodiacs in the evening in Tokyo. The ride is about four hours long by train and she still needed to practice her performance with her bunny cousin after that. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a familiar muscular voice asking her a question that was followed by silence.