༄ 27. 鼬 vs 猫

( Neko vs Itachi TL: Cats vs Weasels)

"Oh my god! We won! WE WON!!!!"

"We actually defeated Fukurodani Academy?!"

"'Tsumu! You cunning bastard!" Osamu shouted, while slapping his twin's back.

"Ouch! 'Samu, what was that for?!" the golden haired twin yelled back. The others laughed at them.

Inarizaki defeated one of Tokyo's strongest volleyball club and are qualified to the semi finals. The team was celebrating their win, while Fukurodani got an emotional moment in the locker rooms.

"Boys, you all played great. Even though you didn't win today, you poured all your soul in each ball," the coach told the players.

The players looked gloomy to the floor, not wanting to cry in front of their coach. Each day, the players trained hard to come where they are now. They came so far together and wanted to bring a glorious keepsake home. Unfortunately, they couldn't fulfill their dream.

"Captain, third years, step forward" the coach yelled.

"Yes!"

"You all made so many improvements throughout the years. Through blood, sweat and tears, you trained hard, never gave up and have always been optimistic in each match," the coach said.

Out of the Fukurodani third years' eyes tears began to slowly stream. The captain put a brave face on to not disappoint his teammates and to fulfill his role as a captain, even though he found it an emotional moment.

"I am proud of you all. I hope that the fire what burns inside you will never extinguish. I wish you all good luck in your next chapter of your life. Thank you for everything," the coach ended and bowed to the third year players.

At this moment, the third years, and even the captain, couldn't hold their tears back anymore and began to cry. Some first and second years found this too emotional and also began to cry. Suddenly, their captain turned around and faced the group.

"As your captain, I want to say something to the team," the Fukurodani captain said through his sobs. The others nodded and listened attentively to him.

"At first I want to say, that I am not the best player and always doubted myself if I could handle the role as Fukurodani's captain,"

The players immediately denied his statement, but the captain rose his hand to let him explain further.

"Throughout my volleyball career, I was always benched until I became a second year in High School. At first, I was shocked and asked myself why I was chosen. 'Why did the coach made ME captain and not one of the third years?'," he said with a bitter smile.

The others listened, actually hearing this story for the first time.

"But then, you second years came to our school. You all were rough minerals, who still needed to be shaped into ruby's and diamonds," the captain chuckled.

"What does he mean by that, Akaashi?" a curious owl asked.

"He means that he saw great potential in you guys that still had to be trained to reach their full power. Right, captain?" the black haired guy explained.

"Yes, you're right, Akaashi. Not only as Fukurodani's captain, but also as an human being, I didn't want to waste such potentials, so I decided to train my little kouhai's till they couldn't walk anymore," the captain explained, while slowly closing his eyes thinking of their fond moments.

"C-Captain," some were saying while tears began to stream.

"Looks like my job as Fukurodani's captain came to an end," the captain chuckled.