༄ 41. Unlucky

It was a bright and sunny day. The sun shone brilliantly in the clear, blue sky. White, fluffy clouds drifted across the airspace.

The layer covering atmosphere had an aura of brightness as the light flickered through it and reached the surface of Earth, making it a bit scorching. The sun finding it's way from horizon to the summit of the sky pierced it's lucid sunlight to the people which made their faces plastered with an eeire glow, squinting eyes and glittered demeanor. The birds were soaring high with so much zeal and zest that could bring courage to even a derelict for the search of betterment in his life

It was today, another school day. Students were happily chattering with each other, while others were listening, engrossed in the tale telling that was told. When a minute of ten passed, the home room teacher stepped into classroom 1-2, soon followed by some members of the Student Council of Inarizaki High School.

First came the raven color haired President of the Student Council of Inarizaki High, Sohma Reiko. She was soon followed by her secretary, a fairly smart looking tall boy — Narumi Eijun.

Upon seeing the rather unexpected visitors, the classroom immediately became silent.

"Class, the President of the Student Council wants to discuss something with you students regarding to the upcoming Cultural Festival," the teacher loudly announced.

"Thank you, Minato-sensei," Reiko began, while putting some papers on the teacher's desk.

"As you all may already know, in one month, Inarizaki High School is holding the annual Cultural Festival,"

"This year, the school is organizing a competition between all classes," Reiko announced which took all student's attention.

"Each class has to participate in the festival," She added.

"May it be an horror house or a maid cafe — It has to be something cultural related," the President exclaimed. "The class with the most customers will win the competition,"

"Does anyone have any suggestions?"

Immediately, five hands were thrown in the air, while some were hesitating.

"Yeah, you, what would you like to suggest?" the secretary sternly asked a boy with glasses.

"Maybe we can do a play or something like that?" he suggested in a nonchalant way, trying to hide his excitement for the Cultural Festival. With an emphasis on trying. Everyone knew that the boy was a sucker for plays. Especially plays like Hamilton, Romeo & Juliet or rather Shakespeare in general. As expected from a member of the Theatre club.

Apparently, two other students had the same idea in mind, which led to only two other students who had other ideas for their activity for the Cultural Festival.

"What would you like to suggest?" the secretary asked a girl who had a blue ribbon in her hair. She looked rather like the shy type.

"M-Maybe we could like u-uhm play some m-music?" the ribbon girl suggested, or more likely asked while stuttering.

"Are you serious?" one began to whisper.

"That sounds rather cringey, right?" another laughed.

"Well, what did you expect from the pianist of our schoolband?" one sneered.