༄ 46. Friends or...?

For the first time after months, the Student Council became loaded with work. Students running from left to right, hearing sounds of yells or cries, noises of furiously scribbling notes with a pencil what almost ran out of ink. In short, it was chaotic as hell.

"Narumi! Have you already finished registering all club's budgets?"

"Almost Prez!"

"Good. How about the students' complaints?"

"Oh! I've already delivered them to the principal, Prez," the blue haired girl answered.

"Alright. Has someone already hung up the senior's exam scores on the wall?" Reiko finally asked.

Upon receiving no reply, the black haired Sohma girl began to sigh.

"Guess I should add it to my to do list then," the girl mumbled.

"B-But Prez-,"

"It's okay, Narumi. We're calling it a day,"

"Great work guys! I'll see you all tomorrow,"

"Thank you for your hard work, Prez!" they all saluted and bowed.

Reiko left the room and proceeded to head to the locker rooms. On her way, a familiar sound came from her electronic device. Reiko stopped in her tracks and delved her hand in her side pocket. She grabbed her old flip phone, opened it, and began to read the message. Upon reading the message, Reiko's eyes immediately widened. She instantly turned around and went into a sprint.

Meet me on the rooftop after your duties.

Reiko didn't know why she ran like she's being chased by some bulgars, but one thing was really clear to her. She desperately wanted, no, needed answers.

— Aria

When the black haired girl was finally at the top of the long stairs, she unintentionally pushed the doors open with much force, making her almost trip over her own legs.

Upon looking up, a bright yellow streak of sunlight casted on her face, making her squeeze her eyes and shield her face with her arms.

"It's been a while, Reiko-san,"

When the bright light subdued, the black haired girl was finally able to regain her vision. Her sight was met with her familiar yet unfamiliar red — now white — haired friend.

Reiko exhaled loudly, not even realizing that she was holding her breath. "It..." the black haired girl trailed off, averting her eyes. "It sure has, Aria-san..."

"What do you want to talk about?" she decided to ask.

The next actions of the Fox girl took the black haired girl by surprise. Aria shifted her body and began to deeply bow down.

"I apologize for everything I've done to you, Reiko-san,"

"W-What are you talking abo-"

"I'm sorry for not telling you anything,"

"I'm sorry for putting you in a difficult situation,"

"I'm sorry for keeping you in the dark,"

The cursed Sohma finally began to look up, with tears slowly dripping from her honey glazed cheeks. Her eyes were almost ethereal to look at. Soft pink colored irises with a hint of shimmering yellow beneath were covered with a glass-like layer.

"I'm sorry..." Aria trailed off, subconsciously giving the black haired girl a sad smile. "For making you feel guilty,"

Reiko looked at her with a shocked expression. The words leaving Aria's lips caught the black haired girl off guard. Why was she apologizing? I am the one who erased her memories? She should be angry at me, but why wasn't she?!